LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: clean wetsuits

Images

clean wetsuits

does anyone know if theres any reason to clean my suit if i dont care how it smells? would it deteriorate from the salt water? not worried about bacteria....

Images
    I'm not saying this with 100%.. but I'm gonna go on a limb and say yeah, the salt water is bad for it just like a vehicle and other things. Plus, it makes it smell really bad.. and gross.

That difficult to take 2 minutes to rinse it? hahah..

Images
    All you have to do is rince your suit with fresh water and hang it to dry after surfing. They only smell because you allow it to stay wet and full of piss which is a great environment for bateria and other **** to grow.

Images
    its a pretty big deal when you work 60 hour weeks.... trying to figure whether its worth cutting my hour session by 15 min to shower and clean up the suit

The simple answer is yes, it matters. Salt water and bacteria from your body are corrosive, and the life of your suit will be shortened if you don't clean it out with fresh water.

That being said, if you want to save the 15 mins then shower and clean the suit when you get home from work. Having the suit sit around for 10 hrs before cleaning isn't ideal, but certainly better than nothing.

hang it inside out too after you rinse it so that it wont smell

Images
    I just wear it until I get home and then take it off in the shower so that way I get to rinse it AND take a shower while doing it. It saves a lot time and it's a lot easier to rinse it.

likewise...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    I just wear it until I get home and then take it off in the shower so that way I get to rinse it AND take a shower while doing it. It saves a lot time and it's a lot easier to rinse it.
    me 2...its the best of both worlds

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    AND take a shower?!?!
    does such granduer truly exist??