LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Images

google chrome browser

Has anyone tried the new Google Chrome Browser?

I just installed it, and couldn't believe how fast it was.

If you are interested click on the google chrome ad when it appears on Swellinfo. Or of course you could just find it directly, but Swellinfo will make some cash if you go the later route

Images
    PS.

everyone that uses Swellinfo should download the browser. Its Unbelievable how much faster Google Chrome renders the Swellinfo pages.

Images
    Google Chrome is good. I use it as a backup for FF. Its so simple, that everything loads extremely fast, and its a little more compitible than FF3.0 (Based on acid3tests). But its too simple for me. I prefer the customizable features of FF over it.

Acid3tests runs the latest scripts available for web browsers. Most of which not ANY website will use, but Chrome runs 79% of them... Out of all my browsers, that placed first, with Safari 75% and FF3 around 73%. Supposedly the next Opera is supposed to hit 85+. FF is doggin' it. My current Opera is at 63 and FF at 61. (Some of my browsers are out of date)

its marginally faster, but i have yet to get flash or active X to work with it, so no swell models....

nevermind.

Images
    If you really want to optimize performance, drop Windows and pick up Ubuntu. Open Source OS that doesn't run all the negligable stuff that Windows does.

Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    If you really want to optimize performance, drop Windows and pick up Ubuntu. Open Source OS that doesn't run all the negligable stuff that Windows does.
    Just be prepared to ignore most anything flash (several areas of this site) for net use. It's sluggish and extremely buggy on linux. Often times after loading a page with flash on it, then clicking a button, my entire browser just disappears.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epidemicepic View Post
    its marginally faster, but i have yet to get flash or active X to work with it, so no swell models....

nevermind.
    more than marginally faster for me. There is a lot of javascript on swellinfo, so it should be faster with chrome. No problems here with flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Has anyone tried the new Google Chrome Browser?

I just installed it, and couldn't believe how fast it was.

If you are interested click on the google chrome ad when it appears on Swellinfo. Or of course you could just find it directly, but Swellinfo will make some cash if you go the later route
    I don't notice the speed increase with chrome, and i've tested it against firefox for a bit now. I think you just need a faster computer/ISP...???

I really don't like chrome at all...

I keep a high resolution screen, and the zoom in firefox is just way nicer. it zooms photos, flash, etc at a good ratio...instead of just making the text bigger, leaving the pictures and other non-text content the same size, and really screwing things up.

that's the deal breaker for me. web pages within IE or Chrome just can't be "zoomed" as they should. it just makes the text bigger.

opera has a nice zoom as well, but for some reason, firefox is just a bit nicer IMO.

Images
    yea thanks for the consideration Swellinfo--my bro had it in his computer when I visited him duing Thanksgiving--when I got back to OC I immediately downloaded it and I will never use Internet Explorer again. This page works MUCH faster as well as my eBay page so Thanks!