LOGIN | REGISTER

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    740
    Images
    19

    Question Question about swells

    So right now, I believe the cold front is pushing anything that comes our way from the east out of the way. Is this right? If not, what exactly is causing those gosh-darned swells that form off our coast and bulldoze through potential waves ? And when will it subside so swell can freely come from the east and give us waves?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    the stiff offshore winds dont help the situation, but the main reason its flat is there is no fetch in the north atlantic pointed our way.

    if there was, say an east swell, the e swell would move in to the beaches despite the stiff offshore winds. Generally, speaking swells act independently of one another, however the short period wind swells will get blown out by the offshore flow.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    so when do you think we might see some waves next week? as im gonna be off from school and will be at my uncles beach house and hoping im gonna be able to surf.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    740
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    so when do you think we might see some waves next week? as im gonna be off from school and will be at my uncles beach house and hoping im gonna be able to surf.
    Yeah, man, I'm itchin' for some wave

    Is the lack of east swells blowing our direction seasonal, or is it just an unfortunate weather event?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    Yeah, man, I'm itchin' for some wave

    Is the lack of east swells blowing our direction seasonal, or is it just an unfortunate weather event?
    both.... east coast winter season... goes from 1 week of flatness to overhead waves, then back to flatness...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    both.... east coast winter season... goes from 1 week of flatness to overhead waves, then back to flatness...
    so do you think were gonna get some good surf next week? please tell me we are as im needing the waves. and everyone reading this post do us all a favor and PRAY FOR SURF!!!!!!

  7. #7
    yea im dying for some surf guys

  8. #8
    I'm just as stoked as the next person about some surf, trust me., but any forecast outside of 72 hours is a guess. Patience is a must if you wanna surf the east coast. Good things come to those who wait