LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.

drying booties and gloves

i got those new oneill 5/4 superfreak booties and was wondering if you can just wondering if you can just dry them with it how you put them on since they are pretty hard to flip inside out. any help would be very apprecaited.

Images

Thumbs down

For years I dryed mine on the heat vent upside down. I figured I'd waste some money on a new surf toy and bought this:

http://cozywinters.com/shop/dg1.html

I have to tell you this thing works great for drying booties and gloves, 2 hours after I put them on they are completely dry. The timer is great just turn the switch for the time you want and it shuts off automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    For years I dryed mine on the heat vent upside down. I figured I'd waste some money on a new surf toy and bought this:

http://cozywinters.com/shop/dg1.html

I have to tell you this thing works great for drying booties and gloves, 2 hours after I put them on they are completely dry. The timer is great just turn the switch for the time you want and it shuts off automatically.

Just curious....since the universal rule for drying wetsuit boots/gloves is "keep out of direct sunlight and never put in heated dryer", is it bad to place them on the heat vent @ home?

Also, the boot/glove drying machine looks sick. Is it just a fan running cool air on the gloves/boots?

Hopefully they never dry.

Images
    The boot dryer has an air only or heated air option. The heated air is less than 100 degrees and I don't believe will have any effect on the boots or gloves. The product info did state that it would not hurt temp. sensitive materials and my observation would agree with that. Hope that helps.

none of that helped. so do you turn them inside out or just keep them how they are to dry?

Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    i got those new oneill 5/4 superfreak booties and was wondering if you can just wondering if you can just dry them with it how you put them on since they are pretty hard to flip inside out. any help would be very apprecaited.
    this makes no sense.
    i just leave mine in the bath tube...take like a week to dry...who cares

yeah i dont have time to let them sit for like a week.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Salty J View Post
    Hopefully they never dry.
    haha agreed.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    yeah i dont have time to let them sit for like a week.
    they're just gonna get wet again anyways.