LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rincon advise needed

Need surf spots in Rincon PR for novice/intermediate types. I'm traveling there between xmas and new years. Will also take any advice on where to spend new years eve out there. Thanks.

Images
    small to medium sized domes is a great wave to learn on, can be very crowded tho. Sandy beach, on the other side of the point will be good for you if it is not too big, but the E/NE trade winds chop things up there on the average day. All in all, Rincon is a really good place to advance your skills.

Have fun.

Thanks and rock on

gremaza Guest

P.R. surfing

The best place for a begginer/ int. surfer is Jobos beach, Isabela. It has a sandbar on the inside that is great for begginers and the point break and slightly west (100-300 yds) is great for intermediate surfers. There is some localism only at the poit break but if you respect, you'll be respected. This area of Isabela and Aguadilla is more consistent wavewise, less crowded, and has more surfspots and is only a 30 min. drive to Rincon if you want to go there. For info on where to stay in that area, check out puertoricosurfreport.com

My two cents.

Thanks cuz

Quote Originally Posted by gremaza View Post
    The best place for a begginer/ int. surfer is Jobos beach, Isabela. It has a sandbar on the inside that is great for begginers and the point break and slightly west (100-300 yds) is great for intermediate surfers. There is some localism only at the poit break but if you respect, you'll be respected. This area of Isabela and Aguadilla is more consistent wavewise, less crowded, and has more surfspots and is only a 30 min. drive to Rincon if you want to go there. For info on where to stay in that area, check out puertoricosurfreport.com

My two cents.
    The post and site is a pimp for her site.

Guess you already have tickets -- Florida is probably a better deal for beginners -- more sandbars and not as crowded at many of the sandbars. Plenty of surf for intermediate folks as well. Less crime than PR.

soul77 Guest

Omg!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    The post and site is a pimp for her site.

Guess you already have tickets -- Florida is probably a better deal for beginners -- more sandbars and not as crowded at many of the sandbars. Plenty of surf for intermediate folks as well. Less crime than PR.
    Florida would be better if you enjoy crappy waves, cold water, and sharks. There are plenty of good waves for beginners in PR, the farthest being a 1 to 2 hour drive away, so this is bogus advice!

Sandy Beach early in the morning, Marias on a small day, Domes, a short drive to Jobos... it all depends on the conditions, but you'll surely enjoy your stay.

Sandy beach is probably a good place for beginners for sure.. domes' and marias you are on a reef. so Sandy beach is definitely more user friendly.

Its fun in the morning, but like someone said above, the wind gets on it like crazy later on (and by later on I mean like 10am)

Heres' some pics from a real small day there --- even small its still a lot of fun! Beats 30 and rainy Delaware any day.

Last edited by jjcliff; Dec 16, 2008 at 07:59 PM.

Rincon

I'll be in Rincon the same dates. I'll be in Culebra, PR for a few days then driving across to Rincon for a few days. This is my third stay in Puerto Rico. We stay in Rincon at the inn and rent a car to drive to the breaks on 413 or up to Aguadilla. Check rinconhangout.com for more info. Good luck and charge it.
    Last edited by surfista; Dec 23, 2008 at 03:35 AM.

Images
    Don't waste your time at Jobos, the locals are a$$holes. Especially now that school is out for christmas and new years there will be much more people on the waves... I was there last year at this time and it was very tense and two of my friends got jumped.

Go to wilderness, marias, domes, surfer's beach where the locals are cool and the atmosphere is laid back.