LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

pipes

They are actually making a beach to be just like the Superbank in australia! At least I wish, that beach happened by accident because of a "slurry pipe" they put in. Let's pray we get a sick break from these replenishments too. But, in all seriousness, they are using this system to replenish the beaches rather than the "dredging" that they did a few years back which really ruined the breaks. Hopefully this will turn out to be a good situation. If not, Sandy Hook will soon be connected to NYC because that's where all the sand winds up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabajaw View Post
    Nope that pipe their isn't from the 60s. It was just put in yesterday because they're dredging the beaches in the area. Their's been a few bulldozers on the beach too.
    Uhm? are you stupid he's talking about the pit man that pipe has been there for as long as most of the surfers there could remember infact i surfed there today, and two weeks ago and oh wait? it was there

it was not put in two days ago and was not there for dredging at all.
    Last edited by surfnasty22; Nov 26, 2008 at 10:20 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfnasty22 View Post
    Uhm? are you stupid he's talking about the pit man that pipe has been there for as long as most of the surfers there could remember in fact i surfed there today, and two weeks ago and oh wait? it was there

So there is no new pipe by the Pit??? Approximately 36 inches in diameter, in 50-foot lengths, that are all rusty and maybe even stacked in piles, if they aren't connect together???

in fact i surfed there today, and two weeks ago and oh wait....yea i live in long branch and i first started surfing there around 5 years ago..

Long time...huh?!

Quote Originally Posted by surfnasty22 View Post
    Uhm? are you stupid he's talking about the pit man that pipe has been there for as long as most of the surfers there could remember infact i surfed there today, and two weeks ago and oh wait? it was there

Um...nope are you stupid? i live in front of the pit. Their is a NEW pipe that was put their 2 days ago right in front of the steps. It is their for the new angled sand pumping project that everyone else seems to know about. It was in the goddamn asbury park press last month

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabajaw View Post
    Um...nope are you stupid? i live in front of the pit. Their is a NEW pipe that was put their 2 days ago right in front of the steps. It is their for the new angled sand pumping project that everyone else seems to know about. It was in the goddamn asbury park press last month
    Here, I'll re post for his assistance..the thread must've been too long:
    See:
    http://www.app.com/article/20081007/...810070357/1004

And see:
    http://www.app.com/article/20081118/...5/1282/LOCAL06

Quote Originally Posted by Volcom732 View Post
    They are actually making a beach to be just like the Superbank in australia! At least I wish, that beach happened by accident because of a "slurry pipe" they put in.
    I'm sure all the surfers who fought/worked with the engineers (and finally convinced them there was a way to manage sand without killing the breaks) for like 20 years in Australia on that project don't think its an accident!