LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thur/Fri in PI

Hybrid View

Thur/Fri in PI

Whats gonna be the day to go Thursday or Friday??? Do you think the offshore blow will hold up?

probably afternoon thursday. hopefully wind wont blow it down. if the swell doesnt have enough size to it a west wind of 25 kt might keep it from pitchin. if ya got a funboard or longboard you might want to take em. hint...there are some very cool low tide bars around PI. cant be specific bc dont want to piss anyone off but theres more to pi than pi...think about it...and I aint talkin about the south end

cricha....shutup.

sorry...wont happen again

that dude aint no perfection team rider
    and for pi hit up the ejewfjweewjf kewj yeahthat spot

Images
    looks like friday may have more size.. keep an eye on the forecast and wave map updates.

Quote Originally Posted by cricha View Post
    probably afternoon thursday. hopefully wind wont blow it down. if the swell doesnt have enough size to it a west wind of 25 kt might keep it from pitchin. if ya got a funboard or longboard you might want to take em. hint...there are some very cool low tide bars around PI. cant be specific bc dont want to piss anyone off but theres more to pi than pi...think about it...and I aint talkin about the south end

It certainly is nothing to write home about, everytime I check out pi on a ese , se our south moderate period swell, more or less a trade swell, heading up north is the call almost everytime. Pi blows unless you are a 3ft grom or longboarding. It will have its moments on some large expected swells that will last very briefly, something like this will give it all of 30 mins of maybe some descent waves to push through. Plan elsewhere.

and that is the cold hard truth!!! It is the most fickle surf spot I have ever known. I love PI but wish we pulled more waves for sure. but I guess thats why we are so appreciative when we actually get to surf a decent wave. In PI...when there is waves...everybody is so stoked that there just is not alot of hassling or aggression. yeah there are exceptions but most everyone is cool. it funny cuz when you go to places that pull waves all the time there are so many d!cks in the water. I think I have been pissed off(at people)maybe a handful of times in the 20 years Ive surf PI.....most of the time its bc of parents who(again) send toddlers into the water to try to swim against a rough current....I will never figure that out I guess.......but yes, the surf in PI could be better!!!

Pawleys Sucks

Thats right...Pawleys blows, "Unless you're a 3 ft grom or longboarding" so don't come here, matter of fact, dont even worry about checking it. Plus I heard the water is dirty, and they have huge jellyfish all the time...and sharks. Locals can be real d!cks too. Stay in Myrtle where it's always good!

amen panic!