LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Biggest East Coast Wave

What's the biggest wave ever recorded or seen on the East Coast? Any tales or pics to share?

Images
    There was a thread with the same question posted not too long ago.. search back a little bit and you'll see it..

Images
    Well....I don't know the biggest ever....But I do know Hurricane Gloria did produce a 30 something FT wave in Manasquan. I don't have the picture but I'm sure someone does.

Images
    I've seen this picture. I can't recall where it is. If I find it, I'll post a link.

Images

Images
    Here it is I found it.

Last edited by Aguaholic; Dec 9, 2008 at 08:03 PM.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aguaholic View Post
    here it is i found it.

shiiiiiiiiit

Images
    Yeah thats the one.

I happened to find another one. Its on a poster with other big effin' waves. Its the top left.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    one day i can remember had ot of been 02,03 or 04 i cant remeber what year but was during the winter down here in wb it was like 20ft or bigger only like two people were out and they didnt last long i think. me and my friend were going out but we were like"o sh::::t we dont have boards big enough for this" so we left. and got on it the day after when it was smaller.but i dont have any pictures i just remember the day.but if i find any pics ill post them.

of all the places to produce some east coast beast, I would find it hard to believe that any spots other then New England, OBX, or FLA would even come close to 30 plus feet. And that also being clean and ridable in some fashion.

I will go out on a limb and say that the picture posted is no more then 10 to 12 max. The top of the wave is not even taller then the end jetty marker, and that is a good enough reference point to make such a judgement call. Really, it might be no more then 6 to 8 soild,...if you ask some NorthShore Groms