LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    I know. I'm just trying to make myself feel better
    By all means, I have looked at many of your pictures and they are really good! Congrats and keep it up...

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Wilderness, Puerto Rico?
    Well east along the same coast... San Juan neighborhood. Ain't shorebreak... long paddle out (or boat ride for the lucky ones).

Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    Are we all in agreement that when we say East Coast, we are talking about from Florida up through Maine?

If we start considering PR, we can just pull out that swell that hit Tres not long ago and was just unbelievably massive...
    That is a fair question, one that I asked earlier in this thread (or the related one). One could ask the rhetorical question, "What is the difference, why split hairs?" After all, all these waves, at least the large ones, are generated from the same weather systems, but can vary widely depending upon where you are in the Western Atlantic. Then there are innate differences of coastal topography from the Canadian Maritimes through the Florida Keys. And the directions these coasts face.

I'd be interested in seeing some good, consolidated data for general geographical areas that show the periodicity of wave size with offshore winds. Or, maybe not MagicSeaWeed does something like that for individual spots. I have not idea about the quality of the data.

biggest wave

consistently the biggest waves break and are rideable north of New York City. pointbreaks and reefs in deep water, no jet skis needed, at fifty different spots north of nowhere....go back to surfer mag a few years ago and check out parsons and gerlach towing in off southern new england...

not the biggest on here, but not a bad shot from ocmd during noel i took.

also wheres that photo of the month winner pic from the same day and place

Images
    Damn... ^ that's a big one.

*That's what she said...

Quote Originally Posted by livin4thesummer1 View Post
    not the biggest on here, but not a bad shot from ocmd during noel i took.

also wheres that photo of the month winner pic from the same day and place
    That was a very nice shot from Noel, Nov, 2008.

Another shot from that swell, by Shawn, looks like double o/h to me

Another Noel swell, this one of 46th Street, OC/Md, a close-up of Drex Harrington in the sweet spot, by MDSurfer, posted on these forums.

Another one of my favorites of Noel, by livin4summer1 - you can't fully appreciate the size of this one with nobody on it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    By all means, I have looked at many of your pictures and they are really good! Congrats and keep it up...
    Hah, thanks man Can't wait to be home again and get some new shots...

two more from noel, still dont compare to many of the others or the first one that i posted, but they are fun to look at. noel was by far the best i have ever seen oc, how it handled the size was impressive

Quote Originally Posted by xgen70 View Post
    I have been to only one place that came close to 20 feet and that was a first hand site of a second reef pipeline bomb in 03. now that wave was only in the 12 to 15 foot range, as the announcer said over the speakers, but it did break off of the second reef that is for sure. The picture from NJ only looks about half that size to be honest, but who knows maybe it is 25 feet.......
    Congrats, you witnessed a 24-30 ft wave face reel off the second reef. You are familiar with the Hawaiian vs the rest of the worlds wave height measurement standard?