LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xgen70 View Post
    No way I am busting On NJ waves, would love to have some of the goodness that those Jetties and beachbreaks receive, as opposed to what the Delmarva gets. But If it is true that some spots in that state have been pushing those types of wave sizes, you really would think that it would have been exposed within the last decade for sure.
    Its not that NJ is breaking like Pipe or something constantly... it has its moments. And for what you're saying about NJ being exposed in the last decade, it has been. About once a year(that I've read), whether it be in Surfer... Surfing whatever... there is an article about NJ winters. Barreling 5-8' waves constantly during the winter when theres a swell. NJ goes off during the winter with a good swell...

The other thing, we're not saying these massive 30' waves are ridable. Most of the time its just a wave that no one wants to even think about riding. Like the one over the Inlet Jetty, No way in hell thats ridable, but its still there and the break can hold it. Its so rare for a wave that big to be ridable, that it'll rarely ever happen. But many times I've seen 10-20' waves that are ridable...

Edit: Oh, and rgnsup, thats my photo from MSW you jacked of the pipe and tower

Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    East coast boundaries are? I have seen videos of very very big nova, phatoms of hatty and huge barrier islands off florida that easily exceed 20'. It does exsist. Tres gets big and is kind of East Coast. I have seen pics of the Northeast with questionable but obviously large photos.
    Tres Palmas is Atlantic, but NOT east coast. Technically, we call it the Caribbean. There are even bigger wave spots in PR along the north coast and in or around San Juan

Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    Let's apply some wave science. A wave can only be as big as the water is deep in a particular location. As soon as any wave feels the bottom, it breaks, so a 10 ft wave will start breaking in 10 feet of water. How deep is the bottom where that wave is pictured? Please refer to Willard Bascom's book, ''Waves and Beaches'' for additional details like calculating wave speed and typical sand movement issues.
    http://www.amazon.com/Waves-Beaches-.../dp/0385148445
    The science can be a little more complicated and has to do with other factors such as local wind conditions, swell periodicity, swell size, bottom contours (e.g., undersea channels/canyons) and water depths in the transition to the sandbar/reef.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Your out of your mind man....Guess you never been to Manasquan. Only a local would understand......That tower is at least 20 something FT and the jetty it is on is about 10 FT. Get your facts straight before you open your mouth.
    Dude.. honestly, "only a local would understand"... what that you are a kook? nobody in their right mind would call that wave 30ft.

second one is nice.

let's see some big as **** pics, not mediocre big.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drivensurf View Post
    Dude.. honestly, "only a local would understand"... what that you are a kook? nobody in their right mind would call that wave 30ft.

You're missing the point that you're only seeing about half the wave in that picture. Again. Only a local would understand.
    Last edited by tbing; Dec 10, 2008 at 08:22 PM.

What jersey surfer hasn't surfed or seen manasquan? I surfed it in '93 when it was 75 ft and hollow. I got spit out of a tube straight into Leggits bar and ordered a martini.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    Edit: Oh, and rgnsup, thats my photo from MSW you jacked of the pipe and tower
    Hhaha... I didn't claim it ..and I know where that is

Did I win yet for presenting the biggest wave in this thread that is proven to be rideable?!?!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drivensurf View Post
    STFU Pepper! ...I'm not even gonna waste my breath on you.

Haha....BTW - you got owned by tbing
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Dec 10, 2008 at 07:41 PM.

best thread in this forum.