LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you eat before a morning session

Theres nothing better than a warm, tasty egg sandwich before a morning session. After i eat though my stomach hurts and im usally releiving myself before the session. Im curious to know if anyone else has this problem too. Maybe because i get nervous cause its good, or my stomach cant handle food in the morning? Now i dont eat before i surf cause i dont want a stomach ache before my session or during it. Also, when you eat before a session your body is using energy to digest, so id rather be hungry and have more energy that a stomach ache.

Images
    i've discovered I have more energy without eating before a morning surf or any other exercise. I think this varies between individuals with what works for them.

yea thats true, everyone is different. IM looking forward to an thursday, and im debati ng whether to or or not,and what i shuld eat if i do

energy bar and water.. maybe some gatorade. i tend to cramp up

fruit and water is the best way to go

I would def. eat sumthin'...your bodeey'z like a car, in order 4 it 2 run, it needz fuel. If you're doin' a mornin' sessh, figure thu last time u ate wuz around 7 or 8pm thu preevius nite, so that's like 12 hourz without food. you def. won't perform az well without fuel. especially if you're hittin' up a 3-4hr sessh. u'll b toast in no time.

I eat a huge-ass bowl o' oatmeel with raisinz and sum honeey, a grapefruit, and a donut b-4 a sessh. def. load up on carbz and sugar if u can. if u hafta, git thu s*** thu nite b4 so u don't hafta play around in thu mornin' tryin' 2 find it or buy it, wasting valuable water time. Also drink plenteey uv water b4 u go in. Even if you're not thirsteey. Vitamin water'z da s*** if u want just a lill' flavor instead uv just plain water. Also, don't eat right b4 u go in, or most uv it will end up on your surfboard rather than your stomache. give it atleest an hour so your bodeey haz time 2 process all uv it. Don't drink coffee or OJ eether b4 jumpin' in. even if you're a coffee drinker. If i know it's gunna b a long session, i'll even load up on a bagel az well. your bodeey will thank u afterwardz and u'll have plenteey o' fuel 4 that 3-4 hr sessh. note-a banana iz also a good idea for potassium.

Images
    I usually keep it light before a morning sesh. But, despite what i eat before hand, i pig out after a sesh.

absolutely, i pig out big-time after a 3-4 hr session. People don't realize how much physical and mental fatigue go in2 a long session and how much adrenaline really gets expended. I'm usually CRAVING tunz uv sugar afterwardz. One time i ate 2 dunkin donuts in a row and downed a 20FL oz of Sobe pina coloda in like, 10 minutes! U know how much sugar there is in a 20FL oz of Sobe pina coloda? like, 77Gramz! THen the next day i'm usually dehydrated and find myself drinking a lill' more than usual. and also mentally fatigued, i'm a zombie.

Images
    cereal, cliff bar, granola bar or bananas before a session with at least a bottle of water. definitely should drink water because you're waking up dehydrated (think about it, you've been sleeping for 8 hours or so w/ no fluid intake) and it makes for a quick way to warm your wetsuit in the middle of winter.

i think yommorow moring im goin with the baNANA and water.i cant wait to surf tommorow!!!