LOGIN | REGISTER

New Surf Board in the Making!!!

Hey everyone my name is Seth Mattox and two of my friends and myself are trying to start off a new brand brand of surf board called Troll Surfboards. We just wanted a little feedback of what you as potential customers might like from a surfboard. I should let you know that both of my friends are doing the shaping and one is designing some pretty sick designs for the boards, but as i said we just wanted to know what you guys would like as far as length width how thick you want it, basically what the best board for you is....

Absolutely any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

- Seth, Mark, and Jack....Troll Surfboards.

Also our email is TrllSrfbrds2008@aol.com

Images
    For a great east coast, smaller to head high surf these are my dimensions. Granted i'm a little bigger, but i started riding this size when I was smaller and still ripped it.

6'4" 19 3/4" 2 5/8"

Right now i'm riding a thruster but im thinking of switchin to a quad setup.

I find that rocker is the most important aspect of boards... Screw that up just a little and u might as well throw the board in the trash, while other dimensions can be changed around depending on varying conditions.

That being said... I like an average nose rocker, going into a fairly flat planing surface in the middle, ending with alot of tail kick. Single into double concave, with a very slight hip above the outside fins.

Images
    A Bodyboard

Finless, very thick and much rounder. Today's designs are much too angular. Ya'll could probably make a nice board about 5' long, 26 to 28" wide and 3 to 4 inches thick. The niche market would be yours!

sponsor me.

Images

Curious

Why ''Troll?'' Is the shop located under a bridge?

In this economy, I'd go where the money is- Longboards, mini-longboards, and maybe a few specialty boards. Surfers are notoriously poor, leastways until they get to the longboard stage of life. But then what would I know about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Troll_Boards View Post
    We just wanted a little feedback of what you as potential customers might like from a surfboard.

Absolutely any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

- Seth, Mark, and Jack....Troll Surfboards.

Also our email is TrllSrfbrds2008@aol.com
    Before you start marketing:

pictures of boards shaped and glassed with descriptions
    some local surfers who have ridden your shapes
    description of your shaping/glassing experience (blanks used/materials/resin/fin installations)