LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lefts

Images
    It sounds weird but pay attention to the way you drop in backside. Like some one said before me it has a lot to do with vision and where you are on the wave. Setting yourself up from the drop can help a lot. Experiment with your angles and find a comfort zone where you consistently make the drop, and make the shoulder of the wave. From there you can develop your approach as you get better at making bottom turns and learn how to pump for speed on your backhand. Like any sport work on your weakest skills the most and seek out lefts despite the fact that your session might not be as fun, because it will be ultimately be more productive.

I'd throw out the bottom turn altogether and drop and an angle. creates more speed that way initially then if you want to do a big hack, you can bottom turn with much more speed.

move to Long Island?

Seriously, backside you aim with your right foot, frontside, aim with your right arm

Images
    All this advice!!! What's a guy to do?? I just go left when the waves dictates it and right when it looks good that way. The only advice that's going to do you any good is this: PRACTICE GOING BOTH WAYS!! unless we're talking about sex then you might want to just keep it straight, unless of coarse going backside is your thing.

Images
    I'm goofy, but I find going right (backside) fun because I guess it feels more intense. I don't have a problem with going backside, I just go whichever way looks better.

Btw, I'm a barrel virgin.

........blah

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    I'm goofy, but I find going right (backside) fun because I guess it feels more intense. I don't have a problem with going backside, I just go whichever way looks better.

Btw, I'm a barrel virgin.
    hahahahahahaha this kids a barrel virgin i guess we should teach him how to rdie a good barrel. and besides if you dont know how to get barreled then sucks for you its easy. i got barreled when i was learning how to surf. and u know im just messing with you man.

be like derek hynd and never go backside

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    hahahahahahaha this kids a barrel virgin i guess we should teach him how to rdie a good barrel. and besides if you dont know how to get barreled then sucks for you its easy. i got barreled when i was learning how to surf. and u know im just messing with you man.
    ...yeah, the waves haven't been that good for me so far...

yea yea yea duuude

HACK FLOATER HACK brah

Seriously?