LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swell direction

Images

Question swell direction

I'm looking at magicseaweed and for next monday they're showing the swell direction heading out to sea. is this possible or are they retarded?

Images
    Seaweed is retarded

My question is why would you even be looking at magic seaweed......after you heard of swellinfo. Magicseaweed is a far insuperior site.......stick with swellinfo

Images
    Not only is it possible, it's common anytime we get strong offshore winds for several days in a row. It doesn't do us any good for waves as you might have guessed.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    Not only is it possible, it's common anytime we get strong offshore winds for several days in a row. It doesn't do us any good for waves as you might have guessed.
    odd....is it even ridable? im assuming it will just be down anything thats there into a barely breakable mush

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastgilson View Post
    My question is why would you even be looking at magic seaweed......after you heard of swellinfo. Magicseaweed is a far insuperior site.......stick with swellinfo

Oh come on... they have a pretty epic photo gallery. I'm not saying that Swellinfo's sucks, but the amount of traffic that MSW processes, it allows them to hit a wider selection of extremely talented photographers... Mainly cause it covers the entire globe, where Swellinfo doesn't.

Images
    Since this is about swell direction, would a north swell deflect into long lines off the sandbar like south swells do?

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    odd....is it even ridable? im assuming it will just be down anything thats there into a barely breakable mush
    it sure is ridable......... in Europe !!

Quote Originally Posted by DPR View Post
    Since this is about swell direction, would a north swell deflect into long lines off the sandbar like south swells do?
    depends which way the beach faces.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epidemicepic View Post
    depends which way the beach faces.
    So this isn't going to be any good in Ocean city maryland?