LOGIN | REGISTER

michael dolsey surfboards

hey any of you guys hear about michael dolsey surfboards
    i found a great deal on one but dont know how tough they are any info on em would be greatly appreciated

i almost bought one like last year

but i didnt

why not? didn't trust em?

i dont really remember why i didnt

i think it was someone at the surf shop that kinda talked me out of it but i forget

Images
    My buddy's been riding one for like 3 or 4 years. its a 7'2" epoxy and he likes it very much, but he's a little guy, only like 138 lbs or something. Its taken a beating and held up pretty good. But a few years of use, its got quite a few pressure dings on the deck. You can see the stringer in the middle raised up a bit. Pretty decent I suppose. I'll ask him more about it if you want.

yea like i found a great deal on a 5"10 dolsey for $325 and new i was looking at some online reviews and most people said they were pretty crappy and weak your friend probably had better luck since its an epoxy

Check out www.dolsey.com and you will find a selection of chinese-made stuff.

They are pretty crappy boards. I bought an epoxy becuase it was a good price and snapped it in half the very first time I took it out. Lukily I the shop I bought it from gave me my money back because I came back in the the same day I bought the board, but I would avoid them if you could.

Images
    I picked one up once... sold it 2 weeks later. For being so crappy, they're rather heavy too. It's Chinese made garbage whose main outlet for selling new boards is eBay. That should tell you something right there.

dude dont buy it, my friend had one last year and it was cool for like a week then it just fell apart, it took in water like crazy