LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stand Up bodyboard??

Hey, ive been looking to buy a body board good for stand up (something to use in the summer at non surfing beachs). Im wondering if anyone can give me some advice or insight on this topic. Ive seen a lot of people ride stand up on the Toobs Colin Herlihy Model, and ive also been looking at this board http://catchsurf.com/ its called THE ONE, it look pretty cool and different. Can anyone help out?

Images
    Does it float with you completely on it? If it does... thats the one.

Images

herlihy

yea that board looks pretty tight. I have a herlihy and its great for stand up as well as bodyboard skimming. Thats all we have to do in the summer in Delaware, usually not much waves. The herlihy is super strong too, triples stringer cant go wrong with that, had mine for two years now and ive done some pretty stressful stuff and it still has all three stringers none are broken.

Images
    I've seen good reviews of that in SURFER and thats about the only thing I might try if I wanted to stand up.

Images
    totally agree with superbust, herlihy is the way to go fo' sho'. helps your surfing all around, really teaches you to utilize your board, rails especially, without the stability of fins. and its def an attention getter on the beach ha

If you're not looking to spend $250-$300, try the Eon 460/C2. It's a 46" (4 inches longer than standard, like the Herlihy) bodyboard with a narrow template. Polypro core, double stringers and channels for @$180.

Images

stand up bodyboard

I went stand up bodyboarding on some solid 8 foot closeouts in septmber... I jumped from the top and landed on my friend. Don/t waste your time go surfing and if it's blackball use like a 4' softboard.

Images
    Catchsurf.com....stay away. Their products are poop. (Tom Morey or not) I had the chance to see one of these in person at inlet/outlet. I was looking for a fish at the time. Something to just catch small scale waves with. So....I saw the Y-Quad. It was a reasonable price. I asked about it. The owner said that they were horrible and that he couldn't move any of them from stock. Also, he said that the ride quality was 5hit. The website makes you think your gonna throw some buckets and shred a bit. But, that's far from the truth. STAY AWAY!!!!! unless you like getting beat in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by B1ll View Post
    Hey, ive been looking to buy a body board good for stand up (something to use in the summer at non surfing beachs). Im wondering if anyone can give me some advice or insight on this topic. Ive seen a lot of people ride stand up on the Toobs Colin Herlihy Model, and ive also been looking at this board http://catchsurf.com/ its called THE ONE, it look pretty cool and different. Can anyone help out?
    A few months ago I searched around MD and DE area shops for one to check out but noone had any in stock. At least where I went. I also spoke with a few lifeguards at different areas and they all said that they would still not allow a board with fins in the water while they were on duty. Didn't matter what it was made of, they said the fins were also an issue. Whats up with that? Lifeguards, let us know...

I have no doubt that those boards will float the average surfer.

I have seen people really getting on those Toobs, but I'm weary because they are pretty short. But regardless, alot of people were getting some good midday summer standup sessions on them this past summer.

Yesssss I know the perfect stand-up bodyboard for you.

The Ancient Hawaiians call it a surfboard.

haha just playin