LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

More college talk..help

I have to apply to a couple back-ups. Anybody know any good quality South jersey or south maryland schools that are within 2 hours of the beach?

Images
    Salisbury University... 30-40 minutes to Ocean City, MD beaches.

what do people think of coastal carolina? good? bad? academically speaking...and waves

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Salisbury University... 30-40 minutes to Ocean City, MD beaches.
    "Climbing up on Solsbury Hill..."

Sorry, I know it's not the same but it just made me think of it.

Gotta love Peter Gabriel.

Images
    plenty of schools in NJ that are within 2 hours of monmouth and ocean counties. rutgers, seton hall, and montclair are right up the parkway (~1 hour) from manasquan and the surrounding area. tcnj is in trenton, just a quick shot east on I-195 to the shore. of course there's also princeton...

coastal carolina is a crappy school and myrtle isn't the best for waves. if you're looking at carolina surf then your best bet would be UNC-Wilmington which is close to carolina beach and only about an hour drive to the south-facing beaches of emerald isle.
    Last edited by RideHigh; Dec 19, 2008 at 12:01 AM.

Images
    better keep the grades up if you are looking at unc-wilmington. for an out of state student it is very competitive. apply to university of hawaii manoa if your looking for some true surf... take it from me

Images
    Monmouth University... 30 minutes from every beach in Monmouth county. Decent programs depending what you're looking to go into. Pretty good comp sci. Got marine bio...

Just about all schools in NJ are within two hours of the beach. Rowan(South Jersey), Rutgers, TCNJ/Rider both near Trenton (TCNJ is a hard school to get into, Rider not so much)

Images
    bcause rob calabro surfs hawaii him and Norah know all the secret spot

Images

Have you checked. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Electricbanana69 View Post
    I have to apply to a couple back-ups. Anybody know any good quality South jersey or south maryland schools that are within 2 hours of the beach?
    . . . Glassboro State, NJ. I hear they have a good reputation. Or, in Delaware, Del State in Dover, or Wilmington College and Del Tech in Georgetown.

odu is near vb and the eastern shore. Not the greatest places to surf but the schools coming along; they're getting a football team for next year which is when i'd be a freshman. Thats my backup school.