LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    Just a reminder to do searches on common topics. Here are some threads that have asked about colleges:

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...ght=university

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...ght=university

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    No offense..but if you ditched surfing for 4-5 years then you're completely nuts. And who is to say that your future career should be a higher priority than riding waves? We can probably all agree that it is the 'smarter' choice... but what if the kid wants to get a degree and still surf?

Why are you here living... to follow the 'American Dream' and get that 'big degree' and 'high paying job'? I just think you should do what the **** you want regardless if it not the best choice. You are alive, a person, to live, so go do what you want... surf for the rest of your life...

Sorry for my rant....
    None taken. I would have loved to go to a school that offered a great engineering program, was close to home, affordable, and had waves nearby. Unfortunately I got denied admission into UC-Berkeley where most of my family went.

Looking back on my decision, I think I made the right choice. I had a great experience at my school and occupied my time with things other than surfing... I learned how to play the bass guitar for example. As for now, I'm back in the game and in southern California so... no regrets

Images
    Salisbury looks pretty sick. I got in there just not sure if i can afford it. If your in state i'd go there cus its cheap as ****. It seems like a real chill campus though.

Images
    Xgen give me a break dude. Everyone makes their own mind up in the end. If some one is too weak minded to understand what is personal political ideology, and what is fact in a classroom, then they shouldn't be in college. I hate how much conservatives ***** about liberalism on college campuses. If you don't like it GO TEACH. You have to realize that the only reason you guys get pissed is because it's not you trying to preach your beliefs. I have many openly liberal professors, but i know what I believe so that's all that matters. I can understand this type of frustration with young impressionable children, but we are in college, and make decisions for ourselves, so stop preaching to us.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zansurf View Post
    Xgen give me a break dude. Everyone makes their own mind up in the end. If some one is too weak minded to understand what is personal political ideology, and what is fact in a classroom, then they shouldn't be in college. I hate how much conservatives ***** about liberalism on college campuses. If you don't like it GO TEACH. You have to realize that the only reason you guys get pissed is because it's not you trying to preach your beliefs. I have many openly liberal professors, but i know what I believe so that's all that matters. I can understand this type of frustration with young impressionable children, but we are in college, and make decisions for ourselves, so stop preaching to us.
    Xgen seems like u may be hated on this site more then me. haha

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zansurf View Post
    I hate to break subject, but seriously, Xgen, did you get molested by a professor or something? Why all the angst.

Images

Hmmmmmm. . .

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. Even Jimbo recognizes that reality.

I do teach fools, maybe some of you forgot that, others do not know....I teach in an enviroment which I can say for fact that you, who ever "you" may be can not handle.

I was giving out some true experiences.......read into it want you want.

Micah, for you to suggest such a thing, what an extreme u turn,... really... "molested", the choice of that of the word seems, odd to say the least. That one may have been building up for some time, so I can understand, it is cool.

And for the others, well some really have no life experiences yet for what I speak, and others wait for these moments to "pile on", ...Yes I can play football well also.

By the way, they even just had an article on foxnews/cnn about exactly of what I was speaking of......It is truthful and accurate. Sorry for trying to help some of those younger then me. But that is my job, and i always teach from the center. I never repress any students views. Also I am neither conservative or liberal, because extreme views, either right or left suck. And If you need letters of rec. for my teaching, let me know, I got plenty and can get plenty more. I love my students and my students love me, because I treat them with respect and care about their futures. And that is why I said what I said, nothing more, nothing less. So from the bottom of my heart, if you what to make more out of it then what it was, You can DROP DEAD

If you had a problem with my opinion on this one, the problem is truely yours and all yours.

Images

More hmmmmm

''Methinks he doth protest too much.'' Have an especially good holiday vacation Xgen. Rest up so you can charge back into the classroom and be incredibly even tempered and wiser than the day you departed from it. R&R for sure. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    No offense..but if you ditched surfing for 4-5 years then you're completely nuts. And who is to say that your future career should be a higher priority than riding waves? We can probably all agree that it is the 'smarter' choice... but what if the kid wants to get a degree and still surf?

Why are you here living... to follow the 'American Dream' and get that 'big degree' and 'high paying job'? I just think you should do what the **** you want regardless if it not the best choice. You are alive, a person, to live, so go do what you want... surf for the rest of your life...

Sorry for my rant....
    I completely agree with RideHigh.

I made the mistake of going to a school in Florida, with a sub par education, only to surf. I soon realized that the education was crap and that I needed to get my priorities in order. Like Ridehigh, I put surfing "on hold" during the winter months to get my education. In the summertime I returned home and surfed my brains out (as much as I could), but obviously, I had to make some sacrifices.

Because of the education I received and the 4 years I "sacraficed", the connections I made at University...etc, I now have a great job in NYC (amidst the current market) and can afford to take vacations to anywhere in the world to surf.

Please do not think I am trying to brag, but to the original poster - I was in your shoes at one time. You need to get your priorities lined out and everything will fall into place thereafter. Aim high and you will not regret it.