For the record it is absolutely insane the amount of money we have to pay for car insurance in this state. I pay around 1400 f-ing dollars a year for full coverage with no points and never had accident and I've researched that the company I am with is one of the cheaper in the state. I would be paying a third of that in most any other state. What I can't figure is that I never filed a claim, nor taken one dime of their coverage yet they raise my rate every year. They have taken thousands upon thousands of dollars of my dollars over the years and haven't put one dime into my car. Population density my ass! I hate the cost of living in this state, factor in the property taxes god forbid you own anything and it's f-ing ridiculous...

Now the real reason for this rant: I haven't surfed in weeks and can't afford a trip to Costa Rica this year, and the thought that if I was paying a third for my insurance and had that extra 900 dollars I could be living large for a week, surfing some warm waters, watching the sunset over the pacific and practicing my spanish with a beautiful tica is too much to bear. Instead I'm shoveling snow so I can drive my insured car to the market to buy rock salt, pura vida...