LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    If it makes you feel better... I pay around $2000 a year. 19 yo. Fast car. Car in Massachusetts.

Quote Originally Posted by davincimoon View Post
    Seriously if someone has a rhetorical argument for why insurance should be so high in this state I would love to hear it...
    my guess is basic market forces. Lots of dangerous roads, possibly a legal system that supports large accident settlements, and the insurance companies charge what the market will bear. Thats crazy tho...I always carry a few points on my license for the occasional speeding tickets (no accidents thank god) and pay about $525 for full coverage on a full size pickup here in DE.

Images
    Only reason I can think of why its so expensive. They figure NJ drivers are aren't the best of drivers. Pair that with other Northeast drivers... and you'll have a lot of "accidents" whether you have one or not. Then they figure the bad parts of the state... Camden, Newark... and if you have a nice car, it'll get broken into. Et cetera. So factor in all that, and they charge everyone a lot... Awesome.

I'm so lucky I don't have any speeding tickets. Was riding fast down the parkway most of the way home today.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    If it makes you feel better... I pay around $2000 a year. 19 yo. Fast car. Car in Massachusetts.
    What do you drive?

I'm 22 and pay $2,136 a year for my 06' Subaru STi. That's a hell of a deal..

Images
    Vw gti 1.8t. Not as much of a fast car as an STi, but I sure as hell would love one of those.

Edit: Its also a 2003...

Images

Word

Once you turn 25, get married, and sell the hopped up kit cars to buy a mini-van to carry the kids, your insurance rates will drop, but so will your sex drive and your water time, so it's all one.

Images
    I believe the price of car insurance in NJ also has to do with the number of estimated uninsured drivers on the road. Population density, number of accidents per year etc would also influence price...just taking a guess.

Images
    i'm putting out about $2400/yr

20 y/o, drive a dodge caravan

Like I said before, I am always willing to help a fellow surfer out... some of the rates you guys mentioned seem high...