LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by easthamptonlocal View Post
    I think YOU should learn your geography. East Hampton is nowhere near New York City. And, Patrick Air Force Base is a very well-known surf spot for Florida surfers, even if you don't live near it. You really should get out of your bubble and surf other places. However, your aggro-esque style leads to me think you are more concerned with looking like a surfer, than actually surfing.

Also, I'm pretty sure he meant that in terms of surf reports, its basically the same as Southern Georgia, not literally in Georgia. However, there is a Jacksonville in Georgia, so maybe he was referring to that. Either way, please don't surf near me.
    You wouldn't want me to surf near you, you'd get showered, little kook.

Southern Georgia....

Wow, could you be a bigger a douche bag? Please?

Anyone who has lived in FL longer than a minute refers to Jville as southern GA. Geographically...yes its Florida - but culture wise - its pretty damn country - hence why most people call it Southern Georgia. I don't care how many people live in the city, or how many towers they have in their CBD - its still pretty country. I work there a few times a month, and the people I work with call it Southern Georgia, and they are natives.

Call it how you want, Jville....is Southern Georgia. Its a joke, not a literal geographic designation. kook.

PS: the only reason its the size it is....the city and county did some fancy incorporation and decided for census purposes they would include all of Duvall county as the "City of Jacksonville". If Miami, Orlando, or Tampa did the same thing - Jacksonville would be 4th. Thank you Wikipedia.
    Last edited by rmatlack; Dec 29, 2008 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Researching....

hey i ripharderthanyou
    first off.judging by your amazing intelligence.trying to catch a wave in the jax canal wont get you anything=] no wonder its small..
    speaking of geography too,pafb and jax beach are diff spots so maybe they wont produce exactly the same waves?

Images

Exclamation thanks for the immaculate input.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwestsurfer View Post
    hey i ripharderthanyou
    first off.judging by your amazing intelligence.trying to catch a wave in the jax canal wont get you anything=] no wonder its small..
    speaking of geography too,pafb and jax beach are diff spots so maybe they wont produce exactly the same waves?
    Clearly your either illiterate, or you just didn't read the posts...

Send me a message next time your near Jax, we can meet up and paddle out, maybe you can show me how to surf....

P.S. For some reason, nobody ever has the balls to do so....

Ripharder, I'm sure that you're an awesome surfer and I don't blame you about being bitter about the "little man" being wrong, but there is a chance that the model prediction was overall pretty dead on, and you just ended up at the wrong spot. I do know that predicting swells correctly, and thus helping us have more fun, relies on real data (you and the Patrick's guy giving your reports) and not so much on guys giving you a hard time or you getting all bent out of shape about it. So some other guy had different conditions at a different spot - let it go, at least he is providing some information. People getting upset and aggro makes other people stop wanting to give reports and then there is no feedback on the models. I'm assuming you chimed in to help improve the model so that next time you don't get skunked so thanks bud. Sorry I slammed you for not knowing where PAFB was but it was only because it was sorta funny how defensive you got. Anyway good luck on the next swell - looks like there some on the way.