LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: san diego

san diego

hey guys im goin out to san diego for a long weekend at the end of april tryin to figure out a good spot to surf - looking for 2-4 foot waves and not a real heavy crowd any suggestions, i was thinking la jolla

Nerd Alert....

Images
    There are lots of waves in and around la jolla. Crowds are a factor pretty much everywhere in San Diego, but the 2-4' days are fairly common.

La Jolla is prob the last place a beginner wants to be. Just go to a beach break like Pacific Beach or Ocean beach. Find an empty peak (good luck) and paddle out.

SD Surf

You could try going a little further North to San Onofre State Park. The north side of the park is Trestles. Don't even try it if you are looking for low key. Go south and just pick a spot. Miles of beach break.

while i was there (may of last year)i spent a little time in la jolla but spent the majority of my time at what I think was blacks beach(some break south of the naked beach that you walk down a cliff to get to). Then another day i made the trip up to esconditas for some long board action. Every where was crowded accept for the spot where you walk down the cliff,whuch was pretty empty- it was right next to a hang gliding place- i would make my way there if i were u

sd surf

Del mar 15th street

Quote Originally Posted by SurfingOC912 View Post
    Nerd Alert....
    hahahaha thats funny

justsurrender Guest
    I wouldn't even waste my time trying to find a spot in La Jolla, go to to Blacks that place is amazing and the peaks are spread out.

You're a shortboarder, eh, not a longboarder. If you are in the San Diego city area you can drive over the bridge to Coronado; go to Ocean Beach on Point Loma; north to Mission and Pacific Beach shorebreaks/piers; La Jolla Shores; or North Torrey Pines Beach. Plenty of beach breaks north of Del Mar as well. The La Jolla reefs are not your best bet. April is probably your best month for weak, 2-4', although this fall/winter season is not doing so well.