LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fenwick
    Posts
    303
    Images
    57
    U gota show the sponcer that people will cum and watch but i think red bull sponcers things like this. I saw videos of them sponcering ramdom things before

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by DPR View Post
    U gota show the sponcer that people will cum and watch but i think red bull sponcers things like this. I saw videos of them sponcering ramdom things before
    if your main audience is watching on the internet, it doesn't matter how many people are on the beach.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Posts
    559
    This is a dumb idea. An internet surf contest? I don't see the point. Why don't you just let people come watch in real life?

  4. #14

    Your point no spoken for?

    The industry revolves, at least the local industry around local surfers who surf. Who trees off from there. Conway, ask your self a question; Where can the industry get the most amount of TRAFFIC in a short amount of time? The answer would have to be from a surfer stand point...from a reliable surf forcast emporium that has equal support for each other. One will run off the other equally as important. Sure, kooks by stuff in shops and my idea is thrown up into the media and now I am getting lots of feedback. I am not trying to make money off of this. I never did in the past. I just made some people stoked. Your point is come to the beach and check it out. VALID. But a waiting period of May-October means that only the hard core surfers/boogers are going to ALL be there that particular day that it gets the call...if it gets the call? The forecast would have to be eddie worthy...in DELMARVA'S highest standard. Off shore, Heaving, ALL DAY sun up to sun down. If the idea is stupid, tell us what you would change and why. Make our point valid. Or go out with your friends and do the same thing. Swellinfo and myself are looking at the BIGGEST picture, and that is THE INTERNET! You may say, where does OBlove come into play here. I want to incorporate artist as surfers and surfers as artist, videographers, photographers, and just plain old stoke. This would be an event that revolves around the simple crack (irish talk), I have co-run some of the biggest sponge events on the coast. One thing I realized is that I never had an event reach the status that I wanted. Eliminate judges all togther and I solved the proplem. Because in the end, its all about having fun.

  5. #15
    by having the surf shops do the inviting, there won't be any variety in the participants, it will be the same ESA/surf shop employee folk we always see...

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyh View Post
    by having the surf shops do the inviting, there won't be any variety in the participants, it will be the same ESA/surf shop employee folk we always see...
    thats where the wildcard idea comes in. or having say 20-30 guys go at it another day to try and get a spot.

    i think it would be cool to have pre events earlier in the year, where unknown surfers can battle it out, get voted for online, and the top 5-10 get to go to the big show.

    from an event stand point its also a good way to get noticed. slowly building attention so when the big day hits everyone is watching.

    tho with such a big window i could see it hard for some people to get off of work or stuff like that.

    internet is a great idea. huge base of people from all over.

    plus if this is a success it could become an annual thing.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Posts
    559

    Respose to OBlove

    You're right, I wasnt very clear. This idea just doesn't sound much like a realistic contest to me. Like for instance, you can get a sick photo but not make the rest of the manuver, and in a real contest situation, you wouldnt get points for that failed manuver. But if i photographer got the shot an instant before it got all squirelly, then the voter online would have no way of knowing he didnt make it, thus making a decision without taking that into consideration. My point is, the surfer who surfs best in the contest may not win based on stirictly photos. The video idea would counteract that, but it doesn't compare to an actual judged heat to determine surfing talent on the specific day the contest is held. So my second point is the video/photo thing isn't objective enough; it wouldnt convey who the best surfer was on that given day. Also, a six month waiting period? This isnt Hawaii. We all know how sick and gnarly jerz gets, but its still the east coast. Would this contest be for strictly local guys or would pros be invited? Alas, i think your idea is more of a novelty than a viable contest, similar to that kickflip thing volcom did, or the kustom airstrike. Except on a smaller, ****ty east cost scale.
    But by all means, waste your time and money setting up a logistic near impossibility. Have fun.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    You're right, I wasnt very clear. This idea just doesn't sound much like a realistic contest to me. Like for instance, you can get a sick photo but not make the rest of the manuver, and in a real contest situation, you wouldnt get points for that failed manuver. But if i photographer got the shot an instant before it got all squirelly, then the voter online would have no way of knowing he didnt make it, thus making a decision without taking that into consideration. My point is, the surfer who surfs best in the contest may not win based on stirictly photos. The video idea would counteract that, but it doesn't compare to an actual judged heat to determine surfing talent on the specific day the contest is held. So my second point is the video/photo thing isn't objective enough; it wouldnt convey who the best surfer was on that given day. Also, a six month waiting period? This isnt Hawaii. We all know how sick and gnarly jerz gets, but its still the east coast. Would this contest be for strictly local guys or would pros be invited? Alas, i think your idea is more of a novelty than a viable contest, similar to that kickflip thing volcom did, or the kustom airstrike. Except on a smaller, ****ty east cost scale.
    But by all means, waste your time and money setting up a logistic near impossibility. Have fun.
    i hope you know that the colcom kickflipoff is still going on. since there hasent yet been a person to succeed.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    i hope you know that the colcom kickflipoff is still going on. since there hasent yet been a person to succeed.
    it ended a whole back, warren smith won it

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,385
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    it ended a whole back, warren smith won it
    Nah, I don't think anyone has won yet.