LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Which is better

Which is better

is surfing better in the morning or afternoon i pick morning its always nice and glassy

Dawn Patrol anywhere is always the best time to surf anywhere!!

i wouldn't generalize about either morning or afternoon, it depends entirely upon what the winds and tides are up to on any particular day.

Images
    bigger is better

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    any time it just depends on the tide. but i like to go in the morning and surf all of the morning go in take a nap eat a little then if its good afterwards go back out.

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    some of my best memories associated with surfing come from epic dawn patrol sessions, like that first day of bertha over the summer. Sick.
    Last edited by conway; Jan 4, 2009 at 07:25 PM. Reason: CAUSE I FELT LIKE IT

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    some of my best memories associated with surfing come from epic dawn patrol sessions, like that first day of bertha over the summer. Sick.
    agh i remember the bertha swell i was in costa rica at the begginning but luckily i got back just in time on the second day of it it was nice though.

Images
    i think mornings and evenings are good..afternoons always seem to get mushy most of the time. During the time of bertha in south jersey, it would always be small during the day and then be firing in the evening at this one beach..strange

It has been said that as the sun rises in the East the wave size does increase.

I generally prefer the early morning... just after feeding time. At many places the winds start going on-shore around 10am as the land mass warms relative to the ocean temp. In other places it does not matter because the waves are tide dependent (e.g., where there are 8'+ tide swings) - just hope for cooperative winds.