LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: puerto ricooo

Hybrid View

Images

puerto ricooo

have a trip lined up for pr mid march, just wondering if anyone had any info. the group im going with is very intermediate to experienced, but all have excellent knowledge of the water. thanks

Don't drink the water.

Images
    travel... dont stick to one spot. there's plenty of variety in Puerto Rico.

The moray eels are nasty. So are the urchins. You will need some advanced urchin spine pickers with experience in the water.

Images
    Don't get in a fight with the locals at a bar..

Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    Don't get in a fight with the locals at a bar..
    What is a "local" at the bar?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    What is a "local" at the bar?
    Hmm... well, I'm going to go with a Puerto Rican who was born and raised in Puerto Rico...

Definately do not snake any of the locals...esp at places like Jobos...i have seen people get chased out of the water for calling off a local dropping in on someone. Other than that...watch your belongings and remember where you get in the water...get out at the same spot or you risk being an urchin magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by ECSURFR View Post
    Definately do not snake any of the locals...esp at places like Jobos...i have seen people get chased out of the water for calling off a local dropping in on someone. Other than that...watch your belongings and remember where you get in the water...get out at the same spot or you risk being an urchin magnet.
    That goes for not snaking bodyboarders as well. It is a different scene down in PR. You might pay dearly if you do... they call them reefs for a reason!

I too may be going to pr in mid-late march. I've never been and will be going with my girlfriend who does not surf. So my time in the water may be limited. I was looking for places at aguadilla Where are you staying at?