LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Images

Possible wetsuit issue

Yeah, you may not want to hear this, but it it possible to get a jock itch or fungal infection (down there) by using a wetsuit. Because when you sit on your board, there's like a pool of water floating around in that area of the wetsuit.

yoooo ledzep we saw u the other day
    nakedspearfisher and I that is

Images
    i have fungal infections in my toe nails, and it is from having my toe's jammed into my boots, and prob some pee and some other nice marine bacteria living in there.

Best thing you can do is wash your wet suit gear every session.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    i have fungal infections in my toe nails, and it is from having my toe's jammed into my boots, and prob some pee and some other nice marine bacteria living in there.

Best thing you can do is wash your wet suit gear every session.

Yea! Your absolutely right!!! I always had perfect toenails until I surfed my first winter. Now I have had a gross big toenail fungaled out for the past 8 years with no cures, other than having it removed. My dam nail is even distorted now. Oh, how I luv surfing...

Yeah what he said

But what's life without a few small problems? Totally gnarlically worth it though!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SCislander View Post
    Yea! Your absolutely right!!! I always had perfect toenails until I surfed my first winter. Now I have had a gross big toenail fungaled out for the past 8 years with no cures, other than having it removed. My dam nail is even distorted now. Oh, how I luv surfing...
    i sympathize. I am pretty sure i will have gnarled up toe nails for the rest of my life... wash out those wet suits!

I have not found any cure and have tried plenty. You can take prescription lamisil, but that is really hard on your liver, and half of the time doesn't work anyway. I've heard a bleach/water solution is worth a shot...

my dad has had that toenail thing.. im not sure if this heals it or not, but when i lived at home he used to soak his feet in a epsom salt and warm water solution.

Lamisil works 70 % of the time- you would need to take it for 12 weeks- which will require a blood test to check your liver enzymes 2 differ times. ( the begin. of rx, one month after starting ). Any one w/ a hx of liver or kidney problems may not take the oral from.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    Yeah, you may not want to hear this, but it it possible to get a jock itch or fungal infection (down there) by using a wetsuit. Because when you sit on your board, there's like a pool of water floating around in that area of the wetsuit.

and have you experienced this recently or did you read this somewhere?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    and have you experienced this recently or did you read this somewhere?
    it pains me as I type this.