LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: buoys

Hybrid View

Images

buoys

micah, a couple of the buoys on your map have drifted off their mooring and are no longer where the map shows them to be.
    44004 (hotel) is no longer offshore of us - it is down at 29n 70w...wintering in the bahamas i guess
    44001 is apparently not off Hatty - it is out between bermuda and the Azores (where the seas are 14 feet @ 15 seconds today and kind of got my attention.

Anyway
    anemometer broken on 44009 for months on end, and the two inshore buoys report data about half the time - must be hard times for NOAA.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    micah, a couple of the buoys on your map have drifted off their mooring and are no longer where the map shows them to be.
    44004 (hotel) is no longer offshore of us - it is down at 29n 70w...wintering in the bahamas i guess
    44001 is apparently not off Hatty - it is out between bermuda and the Azores (where the seas are 14 feet @ 15 seconds today and kind of got my attention.

Anyway
    anemometer broken on 44009 for months on end, and the two inshore buoys report data about half the time - must be hard times for NOAA.
    Sounds like something that would go into my kind of economic stimulus package... that, and upgrade our buoys by adding swell direction sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    Sounds like something that would go into my kind of economic stimulus package... that, and upgrade our buoys by adding swell direction sensors.
    ^ that would be sick.

BTW---- i checked out the long-lat's on the hotel buoy..... its roughly 640 miles ssw of its mooring, NOAA needs to get itself together.
    Last edited by epidemicepic; Jan 6, 2009 at 01:00 AM.

Images
    "change you can believe in"? my ass...freaking obama doing nothing different. "Change" would have been Nader or Paul..someone not totally tied to lobbyist, million dollar donors and one of the big 2 parties!
    he's a fraud! (understatement of the year, since he's a politician after all)

Leon Panetta: ex clinton chief of staff.....no experience
    Robert Gates: bush secretary of defense
    and the rest of his lackies!

Images
    ya, i know about the buoys adrift... The should eventually put them back to their original locations.