LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    JetBlue is the competion for Contential when flying into Aquadilla. The only downside is the 3 or 4 AM flight times. They are reasonable when it comes to surfboard charges. I have friends that fly out of Orlando often on JetBlue for $69 each way.
    that's actually one of the reasons we went for jet blue, because we didn't want to spend our whole first day traveling, but rather get some water time in once we get down there. our flight lands at 9am so we've got almost the whole 1st day.

i guess it just depends on what you prefer, or when and who you're traveling with.

Does any one know about surfboard charges with NWA? I checked and looked for a flight from ORF( Norfolk) to SJU(San Juan) and i found flights for only $403 round trip

Quote Originally Posted by VBVA View Post
    Does any one know about surfboard charges with NWA? I checked and looked for a flight from ORF( Norfolk) to SJU(San Juan) and i found flights for only $403 round trip
    From the CEO of NW Airlines:

"Dear Northwest Customer:

As a valued customer, I wanted you to be among the first to hear that we have announced an agreement to merge with Delta Air Lines. Subject to regulatory review, our two airlines are joining forces to create America's premier global airline which will be called Delta Air Lines."

In other words, you are screwed. Check their website under baggage or Contract of Carriage.

Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    From the CEO of NW Airlines:

"Dear Northwest Customer:

As a valued customer, I wanted you to be among the first to hear that we have announced an agreement to merge with Delta Air Lines. Subject to regulatory review, our two airlines are joining forces to create America's premier global airline which will be called Delta Air Lines."

In other words, you are screwed. Check their website under baggage or Contract of Carriage.
    Yeah i checked both Delta and NWA both will charge my ass 100-175 dollars per board which is BS they charge windsurfing equipment the same amount..even though ive seen how much more bulky those things are, and all my boards are basically around 5'8

Yeah i checked both Delta and NWA both will charge my ass 100-175 dollars per board which is BS they charge windsurfing equipment the same amount..even though ive seen how much more bulky those things are, and all my boards are basically around 5'8
    For that reason I contact Delta, NW and British Airlines and let them know that I will no longer use their airlines for business or personal travel regardless of whether it is a surf trip or not. And, I let them know where my business will go.

I would like to see some of our national surfing organizations take this issue up with the airlines and do some purposeful bargaining.

Images
    $ 400 round trip to PR sounds high to me.

Prepare for a lot of delayed flights, except your connecting flights, which will be on time. Make sure your layovers are >2 hours.