LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

school surf trip

I'm trying to get a surf trip together with my school to the outer banks, and just curious what is the best place you guys think we should go to. cape hatteras? rodanthe? were going in march, so the water is in the low to mid 50's then right?. i need to let my school know all the facts a few months in advance. any advice is helpful. thanks

Images
    cape hatteras is the national park, and rodanthe is a town located within cape hatteras.

If you are going down with a group of people, you could rent out a house or two right on the beach - thats the way to go. There are giant houses on scattered along the beaches there, and should be cheap rentals in the offseason.

Anywhere from Rodanthe to the Lighthouse is a good place to be. If the winds are more southerly, the surf is cleaner to the north. If the winds are more northerly, the surf is cleaner to the south.

Images

I'm just curious

If this is to be a school sponsored trip, how exactly are you planning on justifying it for educational purposes? If it's just a club trip, then that's a different story.

Images
    Learning about wave science through practice

its just a club trip

if this trip happens im transfering to ur school