LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ahah, yeah i love living here, its empty everywhere you go, i dont own a spring suit so i'm probably just going to bring my 4/3, my best guess is that the outer banks definition of cold is far off from the nova scotian definition. But i'll bring it anyways aha. thanks for all the input guys, i'm stokedd!

Images
    ya the summer isn't the best season but there is always the rare possibility of a tropical system or even a low profile hurricane spewing up....remember bertha showed up on us in july last year with nice sized surf for a good span of days have fun man

Images
    You'll be sweating in a 4/3 if you wear that in OBX!!! Seriously, you'll prob be fine with boardshorts with 60deg water and 70 degree air..If anything just get a 3/2 wetsuit. But coming from NS I think your vision of cold is like hot for our vision of cold down here. Have fun. Going to the NS of Oahu this spring...cant f-ing wait!!!

look at the trailer for patience. that has a lot of the outer banks. you will get something when you are there.

ks

Quote Originally Posted by NSsurfer View Post
    ahah, yeah i love living here, its empty everywhere you go, i dont own a spring suit so i'm probably just going to bring my 4/3, my best guess is that the outer banks definition of cold is far off from the nova scotian definition. But i'll bring it anyways aha. thanks for all the input guys, i'm stokedd!
    You can usually start trunking it during the 3rd or 4th week of May in Buxton (the Lighthouse) and south - the northern Outer Banks, e.g., Rodanthe through Nags Head-Kitty Hawk will be spring suit or 3/2 temps during late May. My early July, if you are wearing a 4/3 you will need medical attention for sun stroke and dehydration. Unless... there is some serious upwelling like we had this summer in the DelMarVa, in which case, take the 4/3 as a back-up measure.

NS, I wouldn't bring your 4/3, you won't need it. Like everyone else said, possibly a spring suit or top but you probably won't need those either. Maybe a rash guard or something to keep the sun off.

alright aha no 4/3 then... but i'm not blowing money on a 3/2 when i only need it for a week aha.. i think i'll just bear it out in the boardshorts...i wonder what its like to surf without all that rubber... aha

You won't need rubber man, especially with what you're accustomed to. I have been in cold water in OBX in July, when lows have moved in, and was fine in a rash guard. If I can take it, you won't have any problems whatsoever. However, I don't surf north of Avon, so things may be different in Pea Island, Nags Head, etc.

july is extremely no-wetsuit warm in buxton/frisco for me from new jersey.
    if you go there,and i recommend it,as there's virtually always some surf there compared to home in july,don't bring a freakin' wetsuit,you're from nova scotia.
    bring a fish,mini-mal or a longboard,though,'cause there's a lot of fun small days in july.

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    bring your 5 mil too, dp seshes can get chilly even in july