LOGIN | REGISTER

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    740
    Images
    19

    Wouldn't be cool if there was a video game...

    ...that lets you choose an area of coastline and lets you create your own wave by "building" reefs, sea-mounts, sandbars, on-shore mountains to block wind, every little thing counts and makes your own unique wave, and doing all this to real-life weather conditions factoring in local trade-winds and swell consistency. Then on top of that, watch surfers discover your break and watch it grown in popularity! Or maybe you want it to be a secret spot where only you can surf it. It'll be like one of those Tycoon games.

    Just an idea for those rained-out flat days...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    cool ideas.

    have you seen this online surf game:
    http://youriding.com/

    You should suggest your ideas your ideas to the guy that made youriding.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fenwick
    Posts
    303
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    cool ideas.

    have you seen this online surf game:
    http://youriding.com/

    You should suggest your ideas your ideas to the guy that made youriding.
    Micah do u have a youriding?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    no, I played it a while ago and haven't messed around with it in a while. But, it was definitely fun.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ocean City
    Posts
    32
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    no, I played it a while ago and haven't messed around with it in a while. But, it was definitely fun.
    that game is awsome hahaha

  6. #6
    what about a video game for surfing that can compare to the game SKATE... I mean with the boom in the surf industry and everything that has excelled in surfing through the years you think someone would make some good money producing a more advanced surfing game with better graphics and more realistic than transworld or Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer... etc.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink2824 View Post
    what about a video game for surfing that can compare to the game SKATE... I mean with the boom in the surf industry and everything that has excelled in surfing through the years you think someone would make some good money producing a more advanced surfing game with better graphics and more realistic than transworld or Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer... etc.

    Well I've following the development of the Stoked and developers Bongfish have a forum there and in it is a plea about considering a surf title for the next project. They have an interest I think. They have a weather system that could possibly be tweaked for ocean storm swells and they have the engine like Skate that could work very well, couple that with deep career progression and online. Come to bongfish.com/forum and add comments and ideas to the thread. Those that really want another surfing game done we have to show them there is a huge market for the right game where others just missed the mark trying imitate the TH system. You want it? THEN MAKE SOME NOISE!!
    Last edited by Rebel4liberty; Jan 28, 2009 at 02:30 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    cool ideas.

    have you seen this online surf game:
    http://youriding.com/

    You should suggest your ideas your ideas to the guy that made youriding.
    You riding is the BEST BEST BEST - but it is really hard to learn how to do it. The interface is a bit complicated.