LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Whats the coldest water you've surfed in?

Just wondering what the coldest water people will surf in in the mid atlantic..

Images
    The upper thirties is about as cold as I've seen in OC, Md. and that sucks, I might add.

Images
    People do glaiser surfing.

Images
    been in water in the upper 30's in ocmd and 22deg and snowing it wasn't real fun especially changing out of the wetsuit. Don't think I'd do that again.

5. http://www.ripcurl.com/?hbomb

watch the one with mick fanning... now THAT is cold water...

I think once you hit 50, its not fun anymore

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyNick View Post
    I think once you hit 50, its not fun anymore

haha our summer in Nova scotia don't get much higher then 65, and right now its about 37 degrees and its not even that cold... aha

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    i have to agree with newjersey nick on this one below 50 it isnt fun at all. but down in the southestearn were at like 55 but were gonna drop some degrees as when this clipper thing comes by for the water temp.

36 in OCMD in mid march is my coldest
    anything under 50 is miserable

and why the hell would you want to surf near icebergs like that....if you have that much money to buy that wetsuit, then just take a surf trip to a hot country

I think the whole point of cold water surfing is to travel to unexplored, unridden waves. Personally, I'd much rather surf in 30 degree water with a couple close friends of mine, then surf in 70 degree water with 40 guys.