LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LVl<E View Post
    question...the water temp for monmouth county is saying 51 while the news after this plane crash today is reporting the hudson (which is not much further north) to be 35 ro 40...whose right? they just making these more dramatic than it is?
    Its fresh stagnant river water. The ocean gets jet streams so it isnt all affected by the outside temperature.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    the lowest ive been in has to be low 50s or high 40s water and a air temp of 30 mid winter i think. the surf wasnt that bad i just wanted to see the ocean so i went.

Quote Originally Posted by LVl<E View Post
    question...the water temp for monmouth county is saying 51 while the news after this plane crash today is reporting the hudson (which is not much further north) to be 35 ro 40...whose right? they just making these more dramatic than it is?
    Smaller bodies of water such as rivers and bays will get colder much faster in the winter than larger bodies of water such as an ocean or a large lake. Just as they will warm up much faster in the summer.

yesterday chadwick was cold and good.
    32 degree air and snowing.
    surfed over 3 hours with nobody out.
    warm suit,boots and gloves were great.
    stoked in the cold again.

today is gonna be the coldest for me water temp 52 or dropping and snowing with wind chill of 27. hopefully my good old 4/3 and 5/4 booties and 2 mill gloves do the trick.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    today is gonna be the coldest for me water temp 52 or dropping and snowing with wind chill of 27. hopefully my good old 4/3 and 5/4 booties and 2 mill gloves do the trick.

I would freeze out there with my stuff.

the coldest i've been was whatever yesterday was in manasquan. i was in for a little over 2 hours with a 4/3 and didn't shiver

Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    I would freeze out there with my stuff.
    thats because ledzep frak all of your gear is 3 mills thick or 2. and with me i dont have a hood so ill freeze a little bit but what ever im still going.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jay cagney View Post
    the coldest i've been was whatever yesterday was in manasquan. i was in for a little over 2 hours with a 4/3 and didn't shiver
    The water was in the low 40's. And, I was in a 4/3 as well. No issues. It was fun surfing glass in the snow.

I am wearing a 3/2 full suit and 5 mill booties and gloves and a hood in Belmar New Jersey.