LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: waves

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jGray View Post
    OC NJ was waist to Chest at the right spot
    Who tought you how to judge waves? It was waist high at top spots for normal sized persons. Chest high if you are a midget.

Sorry if you are a midget.

And no, that one chest high wave that rolled in does not qualify for a true chest high day.

there was a swell up here.
    small and not good north wind,but waves.
    insane cold.

It has been a good month since I got out there. Normally I'll try to get on any bump over waist high, even if it's insanely cold. Hoping this flatspell will be made up for when the spring starts up.

Heading to Salsa Brava in CR tomorrow so I will finally get some waves, though, so I can not complain.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    Look at the bright side, if its going to be flat, why not when the outdoor air temp is going to be single digits with wind chill below zero.
    I was thinking the same thing, I haven't seen waves in awhile, but in 25 degree weather, there had better be some beautiful head+ north shore style perfect barrels happening.

Images
    Water Temperature (WTMP): 35.1 F
    Air Temperature (ATMP): 12.2 F
    Wind Chill (CHILL): -0.2 F

I dont know how long my 3mm boots/gloves will hold up for sunday evening into monday

Quote Originally Posted by DavidOlya View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, I haven't seen waves in awhile, but in 25 degree weather, there had better be some beautiful head+ north shore style perfect barrels happening.
    I wish we got beautiful north shore style perfect barrels!!

Images
    holy ****!! chest high and clean tomorrow

ferreal, the front page of the beacon in the virginia pilot today was asking the same ? The newspaper started feeling bad for surfers saying there hasnt even been a decent day since the begining of November.

Images
    You guys up there are lucky... there hasn't been a single waist high+ swell since before christmas. Maybe last tuesday, but I wasn't able to go because school. It was a fluke swell anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by oclocal View Post
    Who tought you how to judge waves? It was waist high at top spots for normal sized persons. Chest high if you are a midget.

Sorry if you are a midget.

And no, that one chest high wave that rolled in does not qualify for a true chest high day.
    Hahah learn to look in the right spot. Their is this bar that shifted and if you look around the island long enough you will find it. here is a hint. Its south of 5th and north of 58th. Its at the last spot you would ever look.