LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lisurfer View Post
    How do the forecasts that are not live work? Do you monitor them for accuracy before going live with them? Can you give us a preview to what other forecast locations you are working on?
    Swellinfo has forecasts ready to go for Mexico and all of Central America. This will be released in the coming future along with a design upgrade to the forecast pages, which is going to be awesome! Wait till you see the 7 day timelines.

There is no release date at this point, but it will be as soon as possible.

You SOB. Are you rubbing it in our face? Enjoy your chest or head high surf in 83 degree ocean temp while we are freezin our as5es off and working with an ankle high wave out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Swellinfo has forecasts ready to go for Mexico and all of Central America. This will be released in the coming future along with a design upgrade to the forecast pages, which is going to be awesome! Wait till you see the 7 day timelines.

Wow that sounds sick. You are by far the best forecasting site.

salsa bravo is killer. If it is good you are going to need a couple of boards (lots of breakage). Town has loads of hippies, crazies, surfers whatever - very chill unless you go looking for trouble. Great place. Look around there are many good waves but you will have to travel a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post

Hurry up, going to PE in March!!!

FYI, its Salsa Brava, not Bravo

Panama

Hey Micah, Its Jon.

I'll be in Bocas del Toro in March. Are you working on a forecast for that area? Thanks, hope you're doing well.

Dude, stop in Cahuita! There is this quaint Rhasta cafe on a corner and I wanna say just after a private tours office but I could be wrong about the latter. You make a left off the main road you will be taking south and into Cahuita and after the only ATM in town it's the next left and a couple of blocks up on the corner . They make a lot of natural juices and make the BEST F**king fish I ever ate in my life! EAT FISH THERE! There were seven of us and we all agreed it was best fish ever, I can't even put it into words...

Also, Puerto Viejo. It's the suedo center of area, best waves if there's a swell and where you can rent boards and chill with Rhastas and the ladies at night. Pura Vida vendeho...U lucky bastard, enjoy yourself...Watch out for the reefs in the area because there are some spots to watch out for, especially south of Puerto Viejo it's nothing like the West coast. If no one is surfing a a perfectly good looking wave there is a reason why so practice your Spanish!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jonalexander View Post
    Hey Micah, Its Jon.

I'll be in Bocas del Toro in March. Are you working on a forecast for that area? Thanks, hope you're doing well.
    yes. Puerto Viejo, costa rica and bocas del toro are very close to each other, but ya, there will be a forecast for there as well. This should be live by March.

Hey all: just got back late last night from Puerto Viejo. What a place. Salsa Brava was not working from Sunday-Tuesday, so Playa Cocles was where it was at.

-Saturday it was perfectly clean all day and chest high (random sets head high)
    -Sunday was clean in the morning and evening and was about waist (random sets chest/head)
    -Monday was slightly OH and bumpy side/onshore all day

Evidently Brava was throwing overhead spitting barrels for a few days just before I arrived. What luck!

Looked each day at other spots: Manzanillo, Playa Negra, Westfalia. Cocles was working the best and had the most size. Pretty crowded (from 5-30 people), but vibe was fine -- assuming you were ok not hangin on the main peak.

Beautiful place, and man o man do they know how to party. I think I have 72 braincells left. Good times. Back to the grind.