LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

Is it my imagination, or . . .

Is it my imagination, or are most of the photos being posted lately riderless waves? Must be a colder winter than usual, or everyone but the photographers have headed to warmer climates, or all the surfers have decided to become photographers instead of surfers. Or more likely, we're all enduring a serious winter flat spell and all those wave photos are all anyone has left in their archives from swells that are long gone.

There was a small knee high bump this morning, but it's vanishing with the higher tide. Mellow vibe with six or seven in the water.
    Last edited by MDSurfer; Jan 19, 2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Noon update

Images
    Was there snow on the beach this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    Is it my imagination, or are most of the photos being posted lately riderless waves? Must be a colder winter than usual, or everyone but the photographers have headed to warmer climates, or all the surfers have decided to become photographers instead of surfers. Or more likely, we're all enduring a serious winter flat spell and all those wave photos are all anyone has left in their archives from swells that are long gone.
    I feel ya Charlie...don't know what to say in response to that. Other than my trip to San Diego a few weeks ago, I don't think I've gotten any real fun surf in OC since probably XMAS. Kinda getting depressed just looking @ nothing on the cam everyday....

Images
    from this morning:

Yea..snow on the beach, glassy small waves and an empty lineup. Small and cold but hey i'll take it..2+ hours of taking every single wave you want makes up for the numb toes.

Images

Nice shot

Yep, that would be about it. Why does everyone marvel at snow on the beach? Curious indeed, as if it wouldn't stick. What's funky is when the sand freezes rock solid like it did a few days ago. Thanks for including a surfer on a wave. Far too few of them lately, waves I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    from this morning:

Yea..snow on the beach, glassy small waves and an empty lineup. Small and cold but hey i'll take it..2+ hours of taking every single wave you want makes up for the numb toes.
    which beach is this?

Quote Originally Posted by blue crush View Post
    which beach is this?
    The east facing one.....

Images
    damn...that looked like a nice one!! was it that consistent all day??