So, I am originally from MD. OCMD was my home break for many summers.

I live in San Diego now. I moved here for the surf. I surf everyday, all year here.

My girl is also from MD, and we are considering moving back east to a beach town somewhere.

We want to be near a large city, so we can get work obviously.

We both work in the restaurant biz. I am a manager, she is a chef. So, pretty much every beach town has a little work for us.

Problem with OCMD is that not only does it get super f'in cold in the winter, it is a very seasonal beach town.

VB statistically gets better swell than OCMD and is a tad bit warmer both on land and in the water..

VB also is part of the whole Norfolk area, so it is a huge city with tons of jobs...

Wilmington is super chill too, but that is like 7 hours from MD.

So, anyway, all arrows are pointing us towards the VB area...

Now, I understand mid atlantic swell. where they come from, how the shorelines typically react...

So, I also understand that OBX is the best spot back east.

It is really close to the deep ocean bed which helps the swell hold up, where as every other place in the midatlantic has the gradual shore decrease, that kills the swell..

I understand a lot of guys in VB travel to OBX all the time...

But is OBX really THAT MUCH better? TO live? To surf?

I mean, guys from OBX make it sound like there is no surf anywhere back easy but there...

So, since I love surfing so much, is OBX the only place for me back there? I mean, if all the action is in OBX, i would be ****ting my pants in a flat beach town....

But then again, OBX is a bunch of small towns, its seasonal and there isnt much work..

So, again, is OBX leaps and bounds ahead of VB and the rest of the mid-atlantic?