LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LONGEST East Coast wave....

Not asking to give away any secret spots...
    the following are ANYTHING BUT secret spots...

The Cove, NJ?
    Assateague NP?
    The shoals off OC?

There are a number of points up north that can be longgg.
    Esp in Nova Scotia..

i can tell you the shortest!
    i live there.
    if you make the drop and see a wall and squiggle a bottom/check turn it's a good one.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    i can tell you the shortest!
    i live there.
    if you make the drop and see a wall and squiggle a bottom/check turn it's a good one.
    Thats bogus...

I've caught more than a few 30+ second rides at The Cove, where the wave just keeps going, and you get out and walk back up to the rocks...
    btw -- Nova Scotia doesn't count, east coast U.S. only......

lotta coves out there=by the southside of the point in hatteras,the cove in cape may,the cove at the hook,etc..
    which one?

Images
    Grew up surfing Sandy Hook NJ in the 70's - 80's and those jetties, before the armycorp ruined them offered some of the longest waves around. 1st Jetty could be the most perfect wave I have ever surfed. Unfortunately they are all under the sand right now and unless funding goes bankrupt they will not be seen again for a long long time. The cove "at the Hook" as it is now is nothing like it was back then, and hardly worth checking anymore. All of the great surf spots in northern Monmouth County have been ruined, The wall in Long Branch, Seven Presidents, Bradley Beach and Belmar were all great and are now mediocre at best. We all need a time machine to go back 20 years and ride those waves like they were.

I have seen waves on Pea Island break for hundreds of yards on right conditions.

the longest east coast wave i ever saw was at fisherman's island from the bay bridge heading north. the waves were peeling unreal long and walled up wrapping around the point, no one out

Quote Originally Posted by jak assateague View Post
    Not asking to give away any secret spots...
    the following are ANYTHING BUT secret spots...

The Cove, NJ?
    Assateague NP?
    The shoals off OC?

Longest East Coast Wave

Is this a word jumble?

How about longest flat spell. 3 weeks?