LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty J View Post
    Longest East Coast Wave

Is this a word jumble?

How about longest flat spell. 3 weeks?
    no, how about 2 months? (Not counting anything under waist)

Quote Originally Posted by jak assateague View Post
    I've caught more than a few 30+ second rides at The Cove, where the wave just keeps going, and you get out and walk back up to the rocks...
    btw -- Nova Scotia doesn't count, east coast U.S. only......
    Since when is Nova Scotia not on the east coast... ? pretty sure the question was asking what the longest wave on the east coast was.

And yes, Nova Scotia does have some longggg waves, there is a right that i know about that when its working is probably about 400 yards. Pretty good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jak assateague View Post
    I've caught more than a few 30+ second rides at The Cove, where the wave just keeps going, Nova Scotia doesn't count, east coast U.S. only......
    1st. You have never had a 30+ second ride at "The Cove" I have to stop laughing so hard to keep typing.

2nd. If you exclude Nova Scotia your excluding waves like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJDVgiG0Xx4

Thats a point break. Which the Cove is most certainly not. Count how long the outside wave breaks and tell me The Cape May Cove has ever been that good.

Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    no, how about 2 months? (Not counting anything under waist)
    It can get brutal but thigh to waist is hardly flat. If you don't have one already... get a longboard! You'll thank me later. It'll change your whole outlook on crappy summer windswell. It won't turn the Cove into a 30+ second wave but you know

2nd. If you exclude Nova Scotia your excluding waves like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJDVgiG0Xx4
    Coming from ns, i know this spot quite well. Its pretty popular but to no regards is looked at as a "long" wave. I'm not saying that you can't have a thirty second ride on it, but i'm saying that there are definatly longer waves around here. That wave.. known as "teahouse" is regarded as more of a hollow wave when its about head to overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by NSsurfer View Post
    Coming from ns, i know this spot quite well. Its pretty popular but to no regards is looked at as a "long" wave. I'm not saying that you can't have a thirty second ride on it, but i'm saying that there are definatly longer waves around here. That wave.. known as "teahouse" is regarded as more of a hollow wave when its about head to overhead.
    As you may or may not know....thats considered relatively epic-ish, in terms of length, roun' these parts. Why do you think no one is out in the video? Is the other side of the headland holding a right thats three times as long?

Images
    It can get brutal but thigh to waist is hardly flat. If you don't have one already... get a longboard! You'll thank me later. It'll change your whole outlook on crappy summer windswell. It won't turn the Cove into a 30+ second wave but you know
    I'm not old enough for a job, but I'm saving up for a nice Eavey this summer... lots of lawns...

I've been surfing those days when it's knee high, It's just that I want some action! You know, something to make freezing by rump off worthwhile!

As you may or may not know....thats considered relatively epic-ish, in terms of length, roun' these parts. Why do you think no one is out in the video? Is the other side of the headland holding a right thats three times as long?
    ahah your probably right on. When teahouse is working, most of the time the right is even better. There has been many times when i check teahouse and it looks like the video, almost go out, then decide to check the right and its 4 times better. but the right is probably the most crowded wave in nova scotia (other then lawrencetown beach in the summertime) with like 20 guys out on a good day aha..

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eoq8Ks...eature=related

The surfers in this don't really do the waves any justification, although this wave is ideal when its a little smaller then this. But see for yourself why they call this spot minutes.

there is no way you got a 30+ second wave at the cove in cape may. however i did get the longest barrel there of my life. only surfed cove during late fall, that seems when it turns on. haven't surfed it in a couple of years.....