LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sponsorship

Images
    i agree that its not the traditional sense of sponsorship by all means. i dont hold myself anywhere near where a lot of other guys r at from doing it the hard way. i respect what they've done, and hope to get to the same level. what i'm doing for the time being is a cop-out for putting in the time like they have, and i know i'm inferior to them because of that.

but when u get to save some cash by sending something in online and sporting a logo, then i'm in.

although it is the easy way out and it might seem cool to be sponsored by applying online..it is pretty lame
    so your gonna tell me that a guy who just started surfing on a Bic last week can be sponsored?
    lame
    just go out and surf

Images

Thumbs up

Give the kid some slack. He isn't claiming to be pro or ride for a major company or anything. He's trying to get flow. Who cares if it's a internet sponsor. Discounts are discounts.

OP - do you!
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Jan 27, 2009 at 01:03 PM.

kook central

Images
    LOL... "I donít understand-why is everything a competition? Does finding flaws ever get old? Do callous kids ever grow up? I think that we all know, they donít."

Who caressssssss... if the kid gets sponsered, awesome. Kook this and Kook that... get real.

life is a competition...as it should be.

Images
    kook coast

I dont care what you call me because i am not claiming to be a pro like aguaholic said and its your loss if you do not want discount boards

Whatever happened to developing a good relationship with your local shop and getting someone to recognize you from there?

Online sponsorship? Whatever...you guys who are interested in going about it that way...go right ahead

Images
    im pretty sure in my thread trying to sell my boards you said that a landlocked guy couldnt get sponsored by legitimate shops. so now we're not allowed to save dough on boards through a sponsor we got online? is there any love for someone who doesnt have a beach view from their porch?

and all this "lame" nonsense....i thinks its lame to be forced to buy a super marked up board because you dont live down the street from a shop so you cant exactly "develop a good relationship with the local shop"

no one is claiming to be pro or turn into the next kelly. whats everyone's deal with puttin people down?
    Last edited by surferboi0911; Jan 28, 2009 at 02:36 AM.