LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Epoxy Resin

Epoxy Resin

Hey guys.... i have tons of experience repairing regular old pu boards, but a friend of mine wants me to fix up his surftech, so......

I have some epoxy resin from MAS epoxies, along with some cloth that was designed to go with that particular resin, is it ok to use this on a surftech??? or should i invest in some resin/cloth made for tuflites. Also any advice about anything that is done differently with tuflites would be appreciated.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epidemicepic View Post
    Hey guys.... i have tons of experience repairing regular old pu boards, but a friend of mine wants me to fix up his surftech, so......

I have some epoxy resin from MAS epoxies, along with some cloth that was designed to go with that particular resin, is it ok to use this on a surftech??? or should i invest in some resin/cloth made for tuflites. Also any advice about anything that is done differently with tuflites would be appreciated.
    that resin, and cloth will work fine. One thing - this time of year is so damn cold...make sure your epoxy resin is at room temp (70+ preferably) , and it sets up at that temp or warmer or you'll be waiting FOREVER to sand it.

I fixed a board with epoxy recently in my garage (temp like 60) and it took over 12 hours to set up to sandable.

By the way, doesn't MAS epoxy set up with a light amber tint? Some marine epoxies do and i thought theirs did as well.
    Last edited by mitchell; Jan 29, 2009 at 11:31 PM.