LOGIN | REGISTER

surfing & Brazilian jiu jitsu

hey

Any other of you guys train in mma or Bjj and surf? I been training for about 2 Years and surfing for 20. I think they complement each other well, helps get my mind off things when it's flat!

Definitely man. I used to train up in Wilmington for a little while and I know some friends at the PD I work at train so I roll with them every once in a while. Love them both.

Images
    Thats sick. I wrestled for 7 years and have been wanting to take up BJJ. Not to really train and fight (though you never know what can come about), but to learn it and get back into something I love. I have just been pretty lazy/have to find a place near by.

Pretty much all martial arts help surfing. When I get my black belt in Kenpo (in 2 years) I'm going to start with BJJ.

Bjj basically controls my life right now. Only time I'm not training is when there are waves. Heading to brazil in may with my instructor to surf and train everyday, heaven for me.

Ps. Helio Gracie (man who invented bjj) past away yesterday at 95.

Images
    No BJJ, but I've considered it.

I trained Muay Thai for about ten years on and off, and if I could get off my lazy ass and get motivated again, I'd probably go the ju-jitsu route next just to be well-rounded.

But I'm getting old....now I just carry a snub-nosed .357 magnum, and if you mess with me you get a hole where you don't need one!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    Bjj basically controls my life right now. Only time I'm not training is when there are waves. Heading to brazil in may with my instructor to surf and train everyday, heaven for me.

Ps. Helio Gracie (man who invented bjj) past away yesterday at 95.
    So jealous. Brazil sounds sick!

PS getting my tickets this weekend or next week hopefully. Call me homie.