LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Assateague reef?

Does assateague island have reefs because i heard it does?

Images
    there are, they're mostly naturally occurring granular material composed of finely divided rock and mineral particles ranging in diameter from 0.0625 (or 1⁄16 mm, or 62.5 micrometers) to 2 millimeters.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    there are, they're mostly naturally occurring granular material composed of finely divided rock and mineral particles ranging in diameter from 0.0625 (or 1⁄16 mm, or 62.5 micrometers) to 2 millimeters.
    that just confused me. Why dont people surf there then? and how shallow do the reefs get?

Quote Originally Posted by DPR View Post
    that just confused me. Why dont people surf there then? and how shallow do the reefs get?

"naturally occurring granular material composed of finely divided rock and mineral particles"

...that just happens to be what sand is composed of, and people surf there all the time.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epidemicepic View Post
    "naturally occurring granular material composed of finely divided rock and mineral particles"

...that just happens to be what sand is composed of, and people surf there all the time.
    Oh so theres no reefs there then? And how about jetties? or anyhing else? Besides the one at wedge i already know that one.

Quote Originally Posted by DPR View Post
    Oh so theres no reefs there then? And how about jetties? or anyhing else? Besides the one at wedge i already know that one.
    nope, just naturally formed sandbars

I love when people get nerdy and funny at the same time! For those of you trying to dumb it down please don't ! Its funnier this way.

Images
    too funny!!

Images
    there's no reefs that I am aware of, but there are shoals about a 1/4 mile or so off the coast. The shoals will break on a solid swell. You need to anchor a boat out there or take a jet ski partner to surf them, and people claim it gets really good, while spots in town are just closing out. Plenty of people have surfed the shoals.

Really fun to shred on a jet ski on any small little swell too.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Feb 7, 2009 at 09:54 PM.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    there's no reefs that I am aware of, but there are shoals about a 1/4 mile or so off the coast. The shoals will break on a solid swell. You need to anchor a boat out there or take a jet ski partner to surf them, and people claim it gets really good, while spots in town are just closing out. Plenty of people have surfed the shoals.

Really fun to shred on a jet ski on any small little swell too.
    then were are the shoals?