LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Holy crap there are some retards on here... Reefs... Geez. And particle size confuses you? PUT DOWN THE BONG!

The only reefs off of assateague should be made up of the million kooks who visit there on summer weekends and who post on here all year.

And not afraid of sharks? Im calling 100% bull**** on anyone who says that, Id pay really good money to be in a sharkproof (and poop proof) bubble when a man in a gray suit bumps one of these kooks who says "I aint scared!"

Gimme a break, between the dumbasses and the kook false bravery, whats left?!

Quote Originally Posted by chong View Post
    Holy crap there are some retards on here... Reefs... Geez. And particle size confuses you? PUT DOWN THE BONG!

The only reefs off of assateague should be made up of the million kooks who visit there on summer weekends and who post on here all year.

And not afraid of sharks? Im calling 100% bull**** on anyone who says that, Id pay really good money to be in a sharkproof (and poop proof) bubble when a man in a gray suit bumps one of these kooks who says "I aint scared!"

Buddy, you have to realize there are young minds on this website. Not everyone fully understands the ocean in-depth, trust me I know I am a coastal and marine geoscience major. But the one type of people I can't stand more than anyone in the line-up are the obnoxious ones like you that curse at the top of their lungs out in the ocean.

To the shark thing however I love to SCUBA dive with sharks, so does my old pal Steve Erwin haha. In murky waters around dusk is a worrysome scenario, however.

You got the wrong guy, i break up fights thanks.

And Im the last guy to say anything to anyone but sorry if 2 of us are going for the same wave and I dont see him and I end up pulling out at the last minute if he is in the right of way. Im very courteous in the water and I get very angry at rude behavior.

All that said, the cold ass water and this warm weather tease have got my short and curlies in a tangle and I dont have much tolerance for stupid.

Images
    To the geoscience major. I am not saying that in the right situation, interaction with sharks can't be amazing. Like I said, I have accidentally spent quite a bit of time with some leopard sharks. It was amazing. Beautiful and everything. It is just, after the fact, very close up the shore, a guy got eaten by a great white a couple days later.

So, skin diving in the carribean and doing diving in any controlled environment is cool. I am not talking about that.

I am talking about being 1/4-1/2 mile out to sea on sunset cliffs, and seeing a giant friend lurking beneath you, leaving about a 10 minute paddle in. In surfing, you don't want to see a shark. EVER. Even in the shore break. I don't care how close it is. It is never cool. That kind of thing can ruin an individuals stoke.

Either way, I wish everyone no incidents with our friends in the sea.

And why are there so many more sharks and different species on the east coast? They have some big boys out here in california, but really only one. the worst one though. But my research indicates that there are all kinds of fellas lurking over there. ??

Quote Originally Posted by chong View Post

Well... oipaul is a text book type guy of scientific training and the textbook does state:

"reef - 1. a ridge of rock, sand, or coral, lying just beneath the surface of the sea: a coral reef."

So yeah, his funny, smart-ass answer was technically correct. Assateague has tons of reefs! Nonetheless, I go there to surf the sandbars, not the "reefs."

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    Yeah, it's really shallow, you can stand......although putting my feet down out there is something I try to avoid!
    There is rebar on the bottom out there along with other crap