Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    sharks dont scare me.
    famous last words

Images
    they should.

Images
    yeah, I think people who say they aren't afraid of sharks either don't surf a lot or have never seen one while surfing.

everyone says, well it is the ocean, what do u expect. no one and I mean no one wants to be around sharks. ever.

I surfed my favorite reef with just one friend last spring. as we paddled out we saw about 20 leapord sharks feeding off the reef. the biggest ones were only 6 or 7 feet long. they all feed on the reef for a full hour. we were hopping off our waves right next to them the whole session.

two days later, a guy 20 miles north of here was killed by an 18 foot great white.

so, u can be "one with nature" one with god, but u don't want to see sharks out there period.

we go out and hunt and eat shark. I see shark meat in every store out here. we invaded their home a long time ago, and us humans have to deal with it.

its still not cool. ever.

Yeah, it's really shallow, you can stand......although putting my feet down out there is something I try to avoid!

Images
    sharks dont scare me.
    ...until one bumps you and have to paddle back in and see a pair of its friends between you and the beach.
    ________
    Suzuki K125
    Last edited by SkySurfnSnow; Jan 24, 2011 at 10:56 AM.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkySurfnSnow View Post
    ...until one bumps you and have to paddle back in and see a pair of its friends between you and the beach.
    trust me i have swam with them and fish and stuff bump my leg all the time but they are in my mind i just dont think about them when im surfing.

sharks dont scare me.
    wooooow thats pretty stupid.
    maybe they dont scare you but ya should be aware of em-->just like ery other surfer

Quote Originally Posted by DPR View Post
    Arnt they a little bit south of the wedge in assateague? And yeh it does seem like its good there. What about a spot called the hole, is that made up?
    the hole is real and its really fun when it breaks. real open barrels and nice long lines.

i went out to the oc shoals ona regular basis last summer cause my friends worked at less than legit jetski rental company so we would just close shop early if there were waves and head out there and jump waves for a bit. ive never seen a shark in oc and i have surfed here my whole life, however my friends are always claiming to see fins.

one thing i do know is that if i ever surfed the shoals there is no way in hell i would sit out there in the water and wait for a wave. its way too sketchy, and anyone who says they arent afriad of sharks, please go sit 1/2 mile+ offshore in murky ass water and try to catch a wave there, you WILL be afraid.

not to mention the waves break in a million different places and since there is no close shoreline/buildings/dunes you have no point of reference as to where you are, or where the current is taking you

this is not referring to the 'less than legit company' i mentioned above, this one is. these are also my friends but im not in here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH9b7hhKlRE

edit: dont forget FETCH. if there is any wind whatsoever it will be choppy out there, which makes it even harder.

these are the only pics i have ever seen of people riding the shoals. notice the wind, or lack of it. even a light offshore can ruin it http://www.surfingoc.com/forum/index...eq=si&img=7252
    Last edited by livin4thesummer1; Feb 11, 2009 at 04:51 AM.

those are some nice shots.