LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wetsuit help

wetsuit help

would a 3.2 wetsuit with another 3.2 wetsuit work to go out tomarrow or no?

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njbodyboarder22 View Post
    would a 3.2 wetsuit with another 3.2 wetsuit work to go out tomarrow or no?
    haha you'd probably be as stiff in movement as that kid from the Christmas Story

Last edited by pvjumper05; Feb 11, 2009 at 11:23 PM.

Images

Yep. . .

It will work, but not for long. As George Costanzo would say, "Shrinkage," and I'm not talking about the wetsuit.

Images
    it would be hard as hell getting into that

allrite thanks for info

I've heard you can layer under your suit with a long sleeve polyolefin rash guard with a hood. I've never tried it, but apparently it works and it's the equivalent to adding about a half mm to the suit. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has tried though.

I don't know where in NJ you surf, but just save up for a 5/3, I bought one two days ago for only 50 dollars!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Data View Post
    I've heard you can layer under your suit with a long sleeve polyolefin rash guard with a hood. I've never tried it, but apparently it works and it's the equivalent to adding about a half mm to the suit. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has tried though.
    yeah i wore a 4/3 xcel infinitie last year with a boby glove .5mm polyfleece with hood attached, actually quite warm, i was fine all winter with no flushing or shrinkage. got big and got 5/3 this year, save up dude it will save you in the long run.

Images
    I'm wearing a 3/2 over a 2mm LS springy = 5/4 and that works for me in MD. Save $$ and rubber..

But if you're gonna go buy one, try to find a used one first to save some $$ and from creating more rubber usage. Think environmentally.

Images
    to answer ur question, yes 2 wetsuits will make u twice as warm.

I am not proud of it, but I wore 2 ripped up 3/2s when my 4 mil got stolen about 5 years ago. I live in cali where it doesn't get that cold, and people laughed at me. but i stayed out in the water all day.

so yes, more rubber equals more warmth. not very comfortable, and u won't land many airs. but u will b warm.

and maybe im just a puss, but I was in oc md last may/june. and at the end of may, I had my 4 mil on and I was cold. not freezing, but I go all year in sd without needed booties. just my 4 mil. may/june in oc md felt colder than fedbruary out here. not freezing, but chilly as hell.