LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tattoos

so im finally gettin my second one. and its gonna be on my back but im not gettin it til this thurs (4/30) and from what im seeing, you guys think it'll be solid to surf by the 16th/17th of may, ..i didnt have to worry about this with my other one bc i got it done in the winter, but this time its pushing it with summer coming up..

i actually got mine on the 15th of this month...i originally was gonna get it for my 18th bday in june but i was caught in the same situation you are with summer and the sun and surfing...so i changed the date..if i were you get it done now even though the weathers just starting to get nice..but you wont regret it when it comes to summer time.

Images
    I got one on my back. Just wait the 10+ days for it to heal good. Keep lotion on it. It'll be fine after that. If you go out in the sun within a month put sunscreen on it. After that its fine. I have just black ink, so its not a big deal to me. Still looks solid. Just keep it clean and you'll be fine.

so would now be a good time to get one eventhough your planning on spending alot of time in the sun in a couple months??

I would rather miss summer waves then anything else. use some sunscreen .02

its not a matter of missing summer waves, i mean i live in north pines when im not in bmore for school i mean im always there, and its just now that i have enough money for the tat that i want and ive heard of guys gettin tats and surfing a few days after , but ifve also heard some horror stories and what not ...and the artists is really serious about not surfing for 2-3 weeks, so i just wanted some input

Well its all about how well you take care of it and keep it clean. It scabs a couple of times before it is fully healed and then your golden to go surfing. It depends on how fast it heals so you have to be the judge really.

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    its not a matter of missing summer waves, i mean i live in north pines when im not in bmore for school i mean im always there, and its just now that i have enough money for the tat that i want and ive heard of guys gettin tats and surfing a few days after , but ifve also heard some horror stories and what not ...and the artists is really serious about not surfing for 2-3 weeks, so i just wanted some input

Golden rule man:

No matter what ANYONE tells you once you peel you are fine to do anything.

Soaking is not good for it when it is healing neither is wearing a rubber suite and surfing for 2-3 hours while the suit rubs against the body. I am covered in tattoos and give it about a week and a half to two weeks. Like I said it all depends on when I peel/scabs come off.

Another rule:

You must keep suntan lotion on the tattoo for your whole life when you are in the sun. Unless you want it to fade and shrink which it will eventually do no matter what people are saying on here. It is a piece of artwork treat it as that and keep lotion on it when in the sun FOREVER. Unless you don't really care but that would be a damn waste of money having to go back for touch-up work when your tatt looks like **** after 10 years.