LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thursday =]

Thursday =]

lookin nice hopefully it stays. havent been out in a while.

I'm excited! i have off this whole week from school so hopefully thursday-friday will be a good cherry on top.

Images
    I acnt wait for wedsday and thursday, i didnt get to go out last thursday

wednesday looks pretty choppy

I hate to burst your bubble guys, but if a forecast predicts something 5 days out your, pretty much guaranteed that it wont happen on that day, or the way it is predicted. There probably will be waves coming up, but probably not thursday. I guess what I'm saying, is that in my many years of looking at surf forecasts, I have learned that one thing you cannot count on is a forcast anything more than 3 days out.
    Last edited by BonerSurfs; Feb 15, 2009 at 06:06 PM.

Images
    bonersurfs with the boner kill. but sad to say hes right

Images
    he is. but thats also sick! ihave skewwl this week so if those waves are gonna be on sunday then im goin no matter what! )))

Quote Originally Posted by BonerSurfs View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble guys, but if a forecast predicts something 5 days out your, pretty much guaranteed that it wont happen on that day, or the way it is predicted. There probably will be waves coming up, but probably not thursday. I guess what I'm saying, is that in my many years of looking at surf forecasts, I have learned that one thing you cannot count on is a forcast anything more than 3 days out.
    so true -- if all you know how to do is check a handful of forecast sites, unless you live at the beach, then rest assured 8/10 windows of surf (if not more), you missed them

Someone had to say it! It's Monday...I will get my hopes up on Wednesday night

You're right: it is not going to happen the way the forecast says. It is going to be a double overhead+ long-period out of the southeast with a stiff west-northwest wind on it. A sandbar should form by then that will actually hold a swell of this size.
    With the winter we have had, we are due for something for Christ-sake.