LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: longest paddle

Images
    Never surfed the OC shoals, but that seems like a long enough paddle without a PWC.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Never surfed the OC shoals, but that seems like a long enough paddle without a PWC.
    Does anyone know how deep it is out by the the shoals?

Off the east coast a little bit, but in waikiki. An easy paddle out, but DAMNN...... I swear it's between a quarter and a half of a mile.

Images
    Durring the Jordan swell, back in 89', I paddled out to NSIRI outer bar. I estimate that it was a mile or two. Probably one of the best solo-sessions I have ever had. The faces were probably 15-25 feet. I was on my 8'10" gun, so the drop-in wasn't a problem. I just wish outer bar broke again.

Nah, back in 83 at Northside during Hurricane Guido, it was breaking by the buoy.

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge1 View Post
    Before I had a boat we would paddle from our island (inhabited) to another island (uninhabited), (not to mention the crazy currents running in between) just to get to the waves, and then have to paddle out like normal beach breaks. All in all it would be 30 mins plus (on a bad day even more) of straight paddling before being able to catch anything...but its almost always worth it, moral of the story is buy a boat if you live in nc.
    Who told you how to get to our secret spot?
    dammit.

Images

Thumbs down

I am currently in the eye of hurricane guido here at york college of PA, all of the guidos from ny and nj tend to flock here for some reason. I wish they would just stay in their hair gel and full body waxed towns.

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    Does anyone know how deep it is out by the the shoals?
    its about 10 feet depending on the tide. i jump my jet ski out there sometimes. definitely rideable on a good day if you had a ski, but i have seen some sharks over there and by the wedge