LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: longest paddle

Quote Originally Posted by bmore surf View Post
    I've done the same thing - so excited to surf I run and jump into the water. Then 10 min into it I remembered I should have found a riptide!
    hahahaha yea i do that too

Images
    It depends what you mean by long paddle. Distance wise assateague is somewhat long but the inside doesn't break so its not as hard, even on a big swell. Ocean City is never that long but when it's big and dumping its one of the hardest paddles i have ever experienced. Longest paddle i have ever experienced was at Rincon California before i learned it's easier to just get out by the highway and walk back out to the rivermouth.

Images
    yeah I was out for noel...that was intense..I was thinking about moving to OCMD eventually when I get out of school, so I was just curious. Thanks for the info.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    when i first got started i was always told to stay clear of jetties. what i didn't know was that an expressway to the point was usually right next to one. i spent 20 minutes struggling until i noticed 3 people casually paddle out next to the jetty. i'm an idiot sometimes

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    the hardest paddle i have experienced has to of been hurricane swells or noreasters. but this year when i fisrt got into the suit i was so out of shape and it took me like 10 mins to paddle out and the breaks in wb are only 300 ft off the shore or smaller. and once you get out there you just have to wait and catch your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by pvjumper05 View Post
    when i first got started i was always told to stay clear of jetties. what i didn't know was that an expressway to the point was usually right next to one. i spent 20 minutes struggling until i noticed 3 people casually paddle out next to the jetty. i'm an idiot sometimes
    Yah for some reason one particular swell sticks out in my mind for this topic. Ernesto at NSIRI.Got there early (couple years ago dont hold me to the time a # of people out) and saw 2 or 4 people out but didnt see them paddle out. then i saw 2 people jump in the inlet on shortboards and get sucked out. they almost got tossed onto the end of the jetty several times by waves. i thought for sure they were going to get knocked out or something. Guess they didnt realize there was a pretty big and fast rip right next to the jetty that day.

quote from skeglegs:
    "Hurricane's produce ground swell, It's the nor'easters that make the pain on the paddle. All that swell is just stacked up. And if you can make the paddle thru the beachbreaks here on that, you can make the paddle pretty much anywhere."

Relentless. No breaks. Suuuuuch a biiiiiitchhhhhhhh sometimes.
    Last edited by seaweed; Feb 16, 2009 at 08:54 PM.

loch arbors paddle is such a *****

Coquina Beach: Southern Nags Head
    Frisco Outer Bar

I'll second the LA paddle in NJ thats a long one. I paddle around from AP if its big.

Quote Originally Posted by jrobe057 View Post
    Coquina Beach: Southern Nags Head
    Frisco Outer Bar
    yea ive surfed Frisco on a big hurricane swell, it felt like i was out in the middle of the ocean by the time i got to the lineup, definatly the furthest out ive surfed on the east coast.